Translate

Friday, 12 May 2017

GRIDWORK, just keep snipping.



          In the last two years I have re-discovered parchment craft. The launch of the Groovi plates from Claritystamp has certainly gone a long way to creating a lot of interest from loads of people. There are lots of workshops for us to enjoy and learn from. I have been going to one to learn all the traditional methods of this beautiful craft. I am going to the Bristol parchment Exhibition soon and my tutor asked us to create a card to exhibit. I have found that I really enjoy gridwork which involves a lot of counting but the results are amazing. So below is one of the cards I have completed.





        The design for the grid was in the parchment craft magazine and is designed by Susan Moran. I added my own lettering in the middle section.  My nephew will be 50 later this year so this is his card completed.

        Looking forward now to my visit to Bristol and meeting lots of fellow parchers and many experts as well.  I am sure there will be a lot of brilliant work on display.  xx

       

4 comments:

  1. This is a fantastic card ... Very intricate! I bet that kept you very quiet! Von x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Certainly did Von. I love gridwork though. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, Lynne,even better "in the flesh". Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog. xxx Maggie

    ReplyDelete