Translate

Tuesday, 7 February 2017

FREESIAS


     February already, I will be glad now when we have some brighter weather. Just some sunshine would be nice the days seem so dreary. At least I can lose myself in my craft room. I can say that now as we have insulated the conservatory roof and turned it into my space. Lovely. It can still be a bit cool on some days but put some heat on and it is soon cosy. In fact gets really warm just like a greenhouse in fact. My dad had a greenhouse and he used to grow freesias in there for my mum. They were her favourite flower. So that brings me to the card I have made for the challenge at  Claritystamp

     I chose the lovely Freesia stamp as the theme is Flower Power. I also used some Pan Pastels as Maria Simms was showing us how to use these at our Nottingham workshop. They are wonderful so easy to blend. 

     I started by stamping the flower onto a piece of watercolour card in Sepia Archival which will give a softer look.


 
    
     I needed to mask off the flower then, so I stamped again onto a post it note. My great friend Margaret Craner got me some that are sticky all over from her local Sainsbury's. It was quite a task cutting out the flower and I had to do it in small bits.

 All masked off

       After that fiddly task I used Pan Pastels to blend colour across the card. I added some white to the rather bright blue and pink to tone them down a bit. Blend them by using makeup sponges . 



The colours I used. 

                                                  

                                                                                                 
        After blending the colours I scrunched up some copy paper and dabbed it into a versamark ink pad then blotted over my coloured card. Then using the coloured sponges brush over where the copy paper has been pressed on the card. The Versamark picks up the Pastel and gives some background interest to the card. 

                                                                 
      
     I then stamped some print in second generation ink using the Journaling Set . I love this set so many useful stamps in it.



     

        Finally I removed the masks and coloured  the flower using inks diluted with water. I also added an embossed gold line around the edge of the card, mounted it onto black and then just a few pearls in the corners to finish. 

       Thank-you for reading my blog and if you have time why not make a floral card and enter into the challenge. It can be found on the Clarity Worldwide Facebook page. You never know you might win a £50 voucher. Good Luck if you do enter. xx                                                    

2 comments:

  1. Ah that's lovely! I do like freesias they are very delicate but I must be honest I like a good bunch of flowers and tend to have big chunkier vases. Hope you do well in the challenge. Von x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Von. Trust you to like bigger bunches. xx

    ReplyDelete