Translate

Friday, 20 January 2017

BLUE TIT MEETS PARCHMENT


     I am loving creating parchment designs, the arrival of the Groovi system has really re-awakened my interest in this craft. Some days my hands will not always do exactly as I want so the traditional tracing is difficult. Great to be able to pick up a Groovi plate then and be able to carry on.  On some occasions I do enjoy sitting and losing myself in the tracing. 

     Clarity have started a Facebook page devoted to Groovi and on this site will be a regular monthly challenge. Groovi Worldwide. is the page and you just need to ask to join. Worth it as there are lots of beautiful pieces of work being shown.  Anyway I have created a card for this month's challenge which is Animal Kingdom. 

                                                                           


                          

       I did forget to take photos as I was working so will just show you parts of the card in close up and tell you which plates I used. 
                                            
                                           

    Flower tangle Plate  I used small parts of this plate for the flower detail and did a little bit of picot cutting. I love doing this and grid work. 


     
         Blue Tit  coloured on reverse of parchment with Faber Castell pencils. Add colour gradually til you have the depth you want and blend together. The edges of the wings are embossed lightly. I just drew round a circle for the sun but you could use the .Nested Circles.




          Just a little bit of grid work in the corners. The edges were created using one of the lovely border piercing plates  Straight Border pattern. I added some embossed dots instead of some piercing.






       A little bit more of the flower pattern. I added a few gems and mounted the design on some rainbow card that I had in my stash. I go to a parchment class twice a month and Pat White who runs it told me to mount my work on a bright background so that the embossing stands out. 

         Hope you like this and next time I must remember to take photos as I go along. Trouble is I get so involved in what I am doing and forget. xxx

2 comments:

  1. This card is gorgeous! A lot of detail in it too. I hope it does well in the challenge. Good Luck! Von x

    ReplyDelete