Translate

Saturday, 24 September 2016

A WALK IN THE GARDEN


     It would not take very long to walk around our garden it is not very big. Modern houses do not get large gardens usually, now we have retired my husband really would like a larger patch to cultivate. Think he would quite like a greenhouse but unless we move not a possibility. I will just have to find him lots more jobs to do instead.

    Anyway A Walk in the Garden is the theme for this month's challenge over at Claritystamps. Lots of stamps that could be used for this one but I settled on the blossom and butterfly stamps as the main ones. I had not got a butterfly with wings folded so I had to adapt the one I had. Using the large one from the butterfly tree set I covered half the little chap with masking tape, inked up then stamped. I also did the same thing onto a post it note to make a mask. Masked off the butterfly and  masked off a larger portion of the stamp again then positioning carefully I stamped another wing into place. ( just remember to remove masking tape from stamp before using, good job I did a few practice ones on copy paper.) I drew the legs in with pen. 




      My background was made using a gelli plate. I inked all over with brayer then dabbed with scrunched up copy paper and pulled my print. I did this three times with different shades of ink. I think it gives a nice soft background to work with.  I also used the script stamp from the journal set very faintly , not sure that it shows too well in the photos. 

     
 
       The birdcages were stamped with second generation Black Archival ink. 




        A little blue tit helped to complete the garden scene. We get a lot of these little birds in our garden, looking for the feeders that my husband puts out for them. He loves to watch the birds

                                        So to the completed scene.




  


 Items used were;-
                            Cherry blossom stamp
                             
                            Birdcage stamp
                               
                               Buttterfly

                               Blue tit

    Hope you like this little scene. Still time to enter the challenge closing date is the end of the month. 

      Thank-you for reading.   xxx

12 comments:

  1. A beautiful card, Lynne and apart from a different flower, it could have been a scene from my garden last week when we had a plethora of tortoiseshells feeding on a branch of late-budding Buddleias. We also have squirrel-proof feeders which sport a great similarity to your birdcages! Best wishes in the challenge and your continued participation is greatly appreciated. ;~}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you Shelagh. We do not see many butterflies in our garden these days shame really, pretty little creatures. Although my dad never used to think so when the white ones laid their eggs on his cabbages.

      Delete
  2. Very effective looks antique nice good luck in the clarity challenge x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you, background worked out quite well for me. xx

      Delete
  3. A delightful garden scene Lynne. I love how you've created the butterfly. Thanks for joining the Clarity Challenge this month. Good luck! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you Angela. The beauty of see through stamps that we can create what we want. I need the lovely new floral stamps with pretty butterflies on. xx

      Delete
  4. Your artwork for this month's Challenge is so serene Lynne. Pretty pastel colours, reminds me of painting on silk.
    Thanks for joining in again with us - looks like you're still enjoying your crafting :-) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you Carole. I am enjoying crafting, keeps me well occupied and I am meeting lots of lovely people. xx

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank-you Velda. They are pretty birds. xx

      Delete