Translate

Thursday, 25 August 2016

BUTTERFLY TREE

      Nearly the end of August already where has the summer gone to. We have had some nice days but raining at the moment for a change. It was probably us that ruined it we bought some new garden furniture and a BBQ.  Pleased to say we have used the BBQ a few times but not enough really. Maybe we will get an Indian Summer. 

     I did have a few days away at the Clarity retreat which was fantastic, for  those of you that don't know this is a two day workshop in Crowborough East Sussex.  Always very popular and a wonderful experience, so much learnt and lots of friendly people. I will post a few of my makes in another blog soon but I need to share this month's Calendar challenge with you now. 

      A lot of blending of inks this month which is something I like to do. I am not expert at this technique yet but improving I think. 
       Some very bright colours in this one as well. I was happy with my first attempt at this card but then I messed up when adding the hills.Annoying when that happens but it is only a piece of card so not the end of the world. 





          Anyway as I was clearing up I remembered watching Sam Crowe at last year's Open Days happily punching circles out of card she had coloured.  So decided to give it a try and made the card below. A bonus from my calendar challenge card So thank-you Sam for the inspiration. I have made my piece of 'waste' into a card for my great nephew. 




         Anyway  there are still a few days left if you want to enter this month's challenge. 

                   Thank-you for visiting. xx

5 comments:

  1. Good luck Lynne. I love your challenge entry. Also like the card you made too. What a good idea! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you. I really credit the fab Sam Crowe for the extra card, it is a great way to use up some scraps. x

      Delete
  2. Beautiful colours crafting hugs xxx
    Your second card is very cleverly thought out xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like how you have done this card very moody good luck in the clarity calender challenge x

    ReplyDelete