Translate

Sunday, 24 July 2016

ANYONE FOR GOLF


         My two sons have recently taken up golf, Guy started first as his knee has gradually given up on football so he wanted another activity and Greg has gradually joined him. They had a charity day not long ago and the lead up to that was quite competitive my son-in-law also plays so he joined in  the day. As both lads are now in their thirties it is nice to see them spending some time with each other. At the moment Greg and his fiancee are living with us while their new house is being built so I get to hear all about the game when he comes home. From what he says I do think they spend quite some time looking for the balls or even losing them completely. Certainly not contenders for the Open any time soon. 

      Anyway it is Greg's Birthday on July 27th so I decided to combine his card along with the theme for this month's challenge at  Claritystamps  which is  Days Out.  A game of golf is certainly a day out for the both of them.  I used lots of different stamps for this card and sometimes only part of one by masking off sections.  I will try to explain how I achieved the end result and I apologise now for the photo which is a bit pale. The card in reality looks a bit brighter. 





          I started by making a cloudy sky. I used the Clarity cloud mask for this and of course Cloudy blue Adirondack ink . I sponged the ink on i got a better effect that way.  










     I was quite pleased with the end result, my clouds do not usually turn out very well. It nearly always rains when they go off to play golf so this sky seemed appropriate. 



           Next I used the edge of the Clarity blending mat to tear a strip for hills. Useful piece of equipment if you can't tear a hill like Barbara Gray can. Mine usually end up a little ragged. 





         Using this torn strip I added a few small hills and a bunker, which if you look closely is where the lost ball is. Normally in the rough I believe.  I used Meadow green which is a bit light on the picture. Then I found out several tree stamps and added some trees, a few are stamped using second generation ink to give the feeling that they are in the background. Using the side of a tree I stamped in some grass around the trees and the bunker. This stops the trees looking as if they are levitating. 

         The figures were taken from the wee folk set, one of them I had to mask off a little boy and replace with a drawn in golf club. The flag post is drawn in as well and that folks is about the best of my ability as regards drawing. My grandaughter certainly does not follow me for her artistic talent. I found a little dot in a die and cut that out for the balls, one of which is in the bunker and the other by the golfer's foot. Difficult to spot --sorry. 



        
  
        Stamps used--
           Wee Folk set 1

          Wee trees
          Large tree
          Cloud Mask

      Hope you like this, fingers crossed Greg will. I also hope his present arrives in time. Hurry up Mr Postie.

        Thank-you for visiting. xxx 

22 comments:

  1. This is so very clever . He will certainly love it .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you Janice. I think he will like it. xx

      Delete
  2. Nice idea for a card good scene good luck in the clarity challenge x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you. They are both enjoying their golf. xx

      Delete
  3. A great idea for 'A Day Out,' Lynne. I love the inspired use of the Wee Folk. Thanks again for taking part in the Clarity Challenge and best wishes. ;~}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you Shelagh. The wee folk are so useful and it certainly is a day out when they go off together. xx

      Delete
  4. Beautiful card Lynne your explanation how you made it made me smile hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah glad I made you smile Sheila. Thank-you for your comment. xx

      Delete
  5. Fantastic card for this months theme. Good luck in the challenge and thank you for entering. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you Carol. I don't know much about golf but I am learning from my son. xx

      Delete
  6. Super card Mum! I am sure Greg will love it. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Von. Hope he does. Amie is doing him a golf themed cake. xx

      Delete
  7. Very clever use of the wee folk stamps Lynne. I'm sure your son will love this card. Thanks for joining the Clarity challenge this month. Good luck! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you Angela. The wee folk are so very handy, useful addition to my stash. xx

      Delete
  8. Such a clever card Lynne. Love how you have used the wee folk in a different way, and I'm sure your son will love his card. Good luck x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you Susan. I love being able to personalize my family cards. xx

      Delete
  9. Oh this is very clever Lynne like what you have done with the wee folk. God luck and thanks for entering xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you Linda. Strange thing is the one little chap looks so much like the way my son would stand, arms in air. x

      Delete
  10. Very inventive Lynne and a great step-by-step too. The wee men folk are perfect for a golf day, and I'm sure your son will love his card.
    Great as always to see your artwork and good luck in the Challenge.
    Hope all's well with you x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank-you Carole. He loved his card and said the one figure was definitely just like him. His fiancee has bought him some lessons so hopefully he will improve. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the humour in your card Lynne. Glad all your hard work was appreciated. Good luck in the challenge x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you Lesley, there is a lot of laughter when the two lads are off to play golf. xx

      Delete