Translate

Friday, 8 July 2016

A SPECIAL BIRTHDAY


    A special week for our family as my grandaughter celebrated her 18th Birthday. We do love to all get together as a family on a Birthday, so we all piled into my daughter's house last night to give her presents and enjoy some cake. My poor son-in-law was trying very hard to watch France and Germany play in the Euro semi finals. He does love his football but was very patient, admittedly most of the men were trying to watch as well.As you can imagine there were a lot of football pundits in that room. 
   
     Anyway of course I made her a card and it needed to be a little different as she always finds some very trendy clothes to wear. I chose some lovely decoupage papers from House of Zandra  when I was at the NEC in March so decided to use one of them. The quality is wonderful and designs are fabulous.



      
                                                                             
            



          Added a lovely lace flower that I found amongst my stash, I have had this bit of lace for years was just waiting for the right moment to use it. 

       I always like to make the inside of a card interesting as well if I can so I saved one layer of the decoupage for that. 




    
      Finally of course we needed a cake and I made that as well. My daughter Yvonne will be the first to admit that she does not bake just likes to enjoy other peoples makes.


              


      So I hope you like the card and can say that the cake tasted fine as well. I am going to enter the card into the challenge at Fussy and Fancy  which for this fortnight is Flowers and Lace. 

     Thank-you for visiting and if you have time make a card for the challenge as well. xxx

2 comments:

  1. The card was super Mum! Heather loved it. The cake was amazing and we have enjoyed finishing it off this weekend. Thanks....yum! Von xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your image and gorgeous design. I am sure it will be treasured.
    Thank you for sharing this with us at Fussy and Fancy.
    Hugs Sharon. x

    ReplyDelete