Translate

Tuesday, 28 June 2016

JUNE CALENDAR CHALLENGE



     Goodness where has this month gone to, I was going to get so much done and do not seem to have achieved hardly anything. I have managed a trip to Claritystamps Open Day in Crowborough. That was amazing so many demos and lots to learn especially with the Groovi  system. I am enjoying learning new techniques on parchment and really want to improve my skills. Lots of other ideas picked up as well for stencils and stamps, some very talented ladies. Another nice part of the Open Day is that I can meet up with friends some who I have only messaged online. Lovely to put a face to a name.


    Anyway the title of this month's Calendar Challenge is Harmony. A piece of parchment work is involved, it is a year now since the Groovi system was launched and it has gone from strength to strength. So many wonderful designs to try out.  Pictured below is the original by Barbara Gray
 
     


   
Original artwork by Barbara Gray

       Now below is my attempt at a similar piece. I have added a small cut out butterfly, Made a little mistake right at the end so a butterfly just covered it up.



     
      Thank-you for dropping by and I really do hope to get more cards posted this next month. xxx      

5 comments:

  1. Lovely Lynne, good luck in the challenge! I found the boxes around the circle the hardest bit ! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made my mistake there Jackie, got a bit to complacent. Hence the butterfly. Thank-you. xx

      Delete
  2. Nice work good luck in the clarity calender challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it looks fab! I like the butterfly too. Xx von

    ReplyDelete