Translate

Thursday, 30 June 2016

FOSSILS and SHELLS



      I have been frantically trying to get my Claritystamps challenge card finished. I started some time ago but other projects took over. Then I realised the end of the month is here. So I have not got chance to explain in too much detail how I made this card. I have not told you what the theme is for June, MASCULINE. Oh how we groan sometimes when faced with a man's card to make but luckily in the May club envelope we received a fossil and shell Groovi plate. For those of you that don't know this is to use with parchment. Perfect I thought for a male card and even maybe my brother's card sorted for later in the year.










       
      I made a background first by using a fossil stamp and stamping in versamark ink randomly across the card. Then heat embossed with clear embossing powder. Next I chose three colours of ink and randomly covered the entire card by using a blending tool. Just swipe across the card with each colour and blend them together, bit scary at first and looks a bit messy but eventually you end up with even shading. I also stamped over the card with a fossil stamp and only using third generation ink. Using a darker brown ink I also blended around the edges.  
      
    I  made three little pictures with the Groovi shell and fossil baby plate added a rope design around the edge from one of the border plates and some bubbles in the corners. Embossed lightly and coloured with pencils on the reverse. Cut them out with picot cutting and backed onto black card.  


     I mounted the background paper onto some green card and then arranged the small pictures over it. I found some little shell beads in my rather enormous stash of goodies and  added them for a finishing touch. All mounted then onto an 8x8 card base.


 Items used
     Fossil stamp
     Groovi baby plate Fossil and shell.  ( I could not fine the link on website but if you ring Claritystamps they can usually help)
     Border plate I used this one for the rope edging


   Thank-you for visiting, if you have time please leave a comment. xxx


    

12 comments:

  1. Love what you have made here good luck in the clarity challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic Lynne, well thought and put together! Good luck in the Challenge x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you Jackie. I am enjoying trying out backgrounds now. xx

      Delete
  3. No wonder you were pushed for time Lynne, you gave yourself a lot of work. A great idea to combo the stamps and plates culminating in a beautiful card. Best wishes in the Clarity challenge and thank you for continuing to taking part.;~}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you Shelagh. Trouble is I get an idea in my head and want to see it through. xx

      Delete
  4. Great card Lynne - love the detail and the way you've combined Groovi & stamps. Fab idea and perfect for this month's theme.
    Wishing you luck in the draw x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you Carole. Great to be able to combine all the stash we have with the new Groovi designs. xx

      Delete
  5. Beautiful Lynne crafting hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, love, love this one! The colours are great and I love the effect you have created. Good luck! Von xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Von. Love blending inks, create some wonderful shades sometimes. xx

      Delete