Translate

Tuesday, 24 May 2016

SUMMER DAYS


        Hope today finds you all well and enjoying the longer days now. We are getting a few lovely sunny days as well which is great, that is until we decide to light the barbecue. True to form down comes the rain. We never seem to pick the right moment but hope to get a few good times this summer. We have just had a bank of trees removed from the end of our garden, they were conifers and very old so quite overgrown and looking straggly. It has opened up the space beautifully and we are still getting a lot of birds visiting our feeders. We even get some blue tits so I have featured that pretty bird on my card here.

      I have created the background piece of card using the Masterboard Technique which is demonstrated very well by Eileen Godwin in this link. Make sure you watch part two as well.


       Below is a small section of the piece I created, I was happily putting my card together when I realised I had not taken any photos.  I used a nice leafy stencil I have. I think it was probably a NDC one but could not find it on the website to leave you a link here. Anyway play around with whatever you have so many options for good results. 
     
       I also used a small section of the Brick Wall stencil, such a useful one to have and the coffee stain stamp from the Journaling Set. Some gold glitter glue in the veins of the leaves gives some added sparkle. 




      Once I had made background piece I took the paper trimmer to it and chopped it up into small squares. No going back now so then mounted these squares onto some of the Clarity pearl blue paper. This really makes the design stand out.




       I arranged these onto an 8x8 card base. This is where the Blue Tits made their entrance. I stamped the bird out twice onto some good quality decoupage paper.

 

        Coloured them in using Stonewashed, Butterscotch and Denim Adirondack inks. I applied these with a make up sponge.  Cut out the birds and layered them onto my card base.



        
      Just enough I think to add to this, I am always tempted to keep adding more but resisted this time. Hope you like this little bird card.  I am entering this one into the challenge at Claritystamps which this month is Anything Goes. 

    Thank-you for visiting and hope you all get to enjoy some warm sunny days. xxx
                     

21 comments:

  1. Lynne such a beautiful art piece xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you Sheila. Love these little birds and don't use them enough. xx

      Delete
  2. Wow this is nicely done love your square idea the colours are great good luck in the clarity challenge x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you. I was a bit nervous when I cut the squares in case I messed up but then it is only a piece of card. xx

      Delete
  3. Ooh that's really lovely! I like the colours they really look fab together. Von xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Von. I was aiming for a spring time look. Sunny days, maybe!!! xx

      Delete
  4. This is stunning, love the colours let alone the rest of it ! #talent x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you Jackie. You are very kind. xx

      Delete
  5. Looks perfect Lynne - a great piece of artwork for your entry into this months' Challenge.
    Well done, and good luck too xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lynne, on a bit of a catch up here - been out in the garden all week! I love the connection between the dark lines of your mounted squares and the stamped lines on the bird. Thanks again for joining in and best wishes in this month's challenge. X ;~}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you Shelagh. Hope you have been enjoying your garden ours is a bit messy at the moment after removing trees. Lot of tidying to do. xx

      Delete
  7. Clever way to create a window with all your squares. A lovely fresh card. Good luck in the challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful art work. All the best in the challenge and the best of luck. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful work Lynne, your colouring is fab. Good luck.
    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you Lynn. Keep practising with my colouring to get shading better. xx

      Delete