Translate

Tuesday, 31 May 2016

COCK-A-DOODLE-DO


       Hello, hope today finds you all well. As I am writing this it is pouring down with rain after what has been a pleasantly warm Bank Holiday weekend. Makes a nice change for the weather to be good on a holiday, we managed several meals outside in the garden. I had planned to get this blog post done over the weekend but as so often happens in our house nothing went to plan. We had a very busy time as my son and his fiancee were tryng to find themselves a house after pulling out of one purchase earlier in the week. I am very pleased to say they found just the right one as some new ones went on sale very close to us. So now I have a very happy young couple but they will be living with us for a few more months while the house is finished. 

      Anyway I have finally got round to completing my piece of artwork for the Calendar challenge over at  Claritystamps. this time it was a canvas and I was looking forward to having a go at it. The idea of the challenge for those of you that don't know about it is to re-create the art work that Barbara Gray did each month on the 2016 Clarity calendar. 

       This is what I was working towards. I have photographed this from the calendar so colours are not wonderful but if you go to Barbara's blog One Day at a Time and follow this link Cockerel canvas you can find out from the expert how to re-create this piece. 




      So below is the canvas that I have made, I am quite pleased with it and might have a go with some of the other bird stamps that I have. I had not got another canvas to mount it on so just used a piece of red card that I had in my stash. 


       
   
     Thank-you for reading my ramblings today and now I must get this entered into the challenge before the deadline. xxx

5 comments:

  1. Lynne love the colours you have used beautiful canvas xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you Sheila. I really enjoyed this one. x

      Delete
  2. Good luck in the challenge Lynne, a lovely bright canvas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck in the challenge Lynne, a lovely bright canvas.

    ReplyDelete