Thursday, 31 March 2016
Title of this blog post kindly delivered by my husband, he leaned over to my desk to see what I was doing and said ' Oh Rosie Rosie.' Seemed appropriate somehow.
Anyway this is a quick visit today because as usual I am cutting it fine to get my Claritystamp challenge card entered on time. The theme this month is ' All about the Girls ' a lovely one to do and I have had an idea in my head for most of the month but it has been frantic here and I have been putting my craft to one side.
I will tell you how I made my card but not any step by step photos today. Sorry.
I started by making the background paper, this was done on the Gelli plate. I brayered on some mushroom Adirondack ink then scrunched up a piece of copy paper and blotted all over. Then I placed a piece of stencil card over the ink and smoothed the back. Lifted off and hey presto a lovely mottled background. I then randomly stamped a script on top with black Archival, second generation as I did not want it too dark.
The lady, or Rosie as her name seems to be is a stencil. Mirror stencil I laid the stencil onto some good quality paper and brushed over lightly with mushroom ink again. Then I masked off the top part and using Cranberry Adirondack I brushed in the dress. Wiped around the edges of the stencil with a sponge to drag in any spare ink. Using one of the stamps from the Poppies set I added some flowers to the dress. A little bit fiddly as I had to mask off the stamp each time I only wanted a small section of it.. Coloured in her hair with Spectrum Noir pencils and then carefully cut her out. This is why I used paper for the design, to get a smoother line around the edge.
I mounted the background first onto some brighter pink card then added Rosie. I made the feathers using Single feather stamp. Stamped in versamark then embossed with gold powder, then cut out. These were added with some lovely roses I had in my stash and a little key charm.
A gold scroll in the top corner which was die cut and I made the tag from a border plate in the Groovi system. I embossed it onto parchment then used it as a template to cut out some card. Added some matching inks with blending tool, went round the edge with a black pen and stamped some more of the dress flowers in the middle. A little bow at the bottom completed this part.
A few pearls and gems completed the design. Almost what I had in mind and not too bad considering I have rushed it.
Need to get this entered now before I go off to my Slimming World meeting. Lets hope I have not done too much damage over the Easter holiday. I did avoid the chocolate but gave in to a couple of hot cross buns, just love them and a rather scrummy desert I made for Easter Sunday. Hey ho back on it next week. Hope you have all had a good break and looking forward to the next one and some nice weather now I hope.
Thank-you for dropping by. xx