Translate

Thursday, 31 March 2016

ROSIE


     Title of this blog post kindly delivered by my husband, he leaned over to my desk to see what I was doing and said ' Oh Rosie Rosie.' Seemed appropriate somehow.
     
     Anyway this is a quick visit today because as usual I am cutting it fine to get my Claritystamp challenge card entered on time. The theme this month is ' All about the Girls ' a lovely one to do and I have had an idea in my head for most of the month but it has been frantic here and I have been putting my craft to one side. 

     I will tell you how I made my card but not any step by step photos today. Sorry. 

                         
   

       I started by making the background paper, this was done on the Gelli plate. I brayered on some mushroom Adirondack ink then scrunched up a piece of copy paper and blotted all over. Then I placed a piece of stencil card over the ink and smoothed the back. Lifted off and hey presto a lovely mottled background. I then randomly stamped a script on top with black Archival, second generation as I did not want it too dark. 
     
      The lady, or Rosie as her name seems to be is a stencil. Mirror stencil I laid the stencil onto some good quality paper and brushed over lightly with mushroom ink again. Then I masked off the top part and using Cranberry Adirondack I brushed in the dress. Wiped around the edges of the stencil with a sponge to drag in any spare ink.  Using one of the stamps from the Poppies set  I added some flowers to the dress. A little bit fiddly as I had to mask off the stamp each time I only wanted a small section of it.. Coloured in her hair with Spectrum Noir pencils and then carefully cut her out. This is why I used paper for the design, to get a smoother line around the edge. 
  
      I mounted the background first onto some brighter pink card then added Rosie. I made the feathers using Single feather stamp. Stamped in versamark then embossed with gold powder, then cut out. These were added with some lovely roses I had in my stash and a little key charm. 
  
     A gold scroll in the top corner which was die cut and I made the tag from  a border plate in the Groovi system. I embossed it onto parchment then used it as a template to cut out some card. Added some matching inks with blending tool, went round the edge with a black pen and stamped some more of the dress flowers in the middle. A little bow at the bottom completed this part. 

       A few pearls and gems completed the design. Almost what I had in mind and not too bad considering I have rushed it. 
      
                  

     

          Need to get this entered now before I go off to my Slimming World meeting. Lets hope I have not done too much damage over the Easter holiday. I did avoid the chocolate but gave in to a couple of hot cross buns, just love them and a rather scrummy desert I made for Easter Sunday. Hey ho back on it next week. Hope you have all had a good break and looking forward to the next one and some nice weather now I hope. 

       Thank-you for dropping by. xx
  

9 comments:

  1. A beautiful study, Lynne and great step-by-step too. So pleased you had time to join in this month's Clarity Challenge. Best wishes. ;~}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you Shelagh. I am going to be organised this month, lot of Birthdays in family to sort as well. xx

      Delete
  2. This is lovely Lynne! Good luck at Slimming World, I'm thinking I should go back again. xx

    p.s. good luck in the Challenge too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you Jackie. Bit of a blip at SW this week but I am at target now and will sort it before next time. I had to enjoy Easter. xx

      Delete
  3. Lovely card Lynne thanks for entering and good luck x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you Linda. Bit of a rush but got there in time. xx

      Delete
  4. Lovely card Lynne thanks for entering and good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very pretty card Lynne and glad you made the deadline!
    I'm just looking through all the entries to make my top 5 selection.......it's been a very busy week at work for me, roll on retirement for me and lots of time to do what I really like - CRAFTING! :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha Carole, I have never been so busy, penalty of four kids I suppose. I love it though. I am so lucky to see them all so much. Thanks for the comment, will I see you at Open Day again this year. x

      Delete