Translate

Monday, 28 March 2016

CLARITY CALENDAR CHALLENGE No 3





    Goodness March is almost over and I really don't seem to have achieved anything this month. I have been very busy but not doing the things I would really like to do. So I am now rushing to try to get challenges finished before the last few days of this month. First on the list is the Clarity Calendar challenge, I do not have to think of the design for this , just need to make a reasonable copy of the piece by Barbara Gray. All the step by step instructions are on the back of the page on the calendar, so lots of good advice. 



      Above is the original piece by Barbara and is featured on the calendar for March. I could not achieve a background quite the same as it could not be controlled. Anyway got to be in it to win it as they say. Well worth giving it a try as there is a £50 Clarity voucher as a prize. So below is my attempt. 

                         
 
         Not a perfect copy but I like the finished piece so even if I am not lucky enough to win, I still have a pleasant card courtesy of Barbara Gray's design of course. 
     All I have to do now is get this entered in the challenge then try to get the normal monthly challenge completed in time. Hope you have all had a lovely Easter, loads of chocolate probably. 
      
        Thank-you for visiting. xx

11 comments:

  1. Ooh Lynne this is lovely. Your sky looks quite stormy - quite fitting right now. Love it. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you Dawn. Too right about the sky today need some sunshine I reckon. xx

      Delete
  2. Lovely Lynne! I didn't have the stamps someday to improvise but I wanted to have a go at the background technique! Good luck in the challenge! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you Jackie. I did several prints before I got one to make the copy with. Need to use up the others now. xx

      Delete
  3. I think it looks pretty good! I know you are supposed to copy but I like the individual creativity! Hope you win! Good luck. Love von xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Von. Never going to get an exact copy of this one, everyone's will be different I reckon. I like the scene though. xx

      Delete
  4. Was supposed to be your take on This picture I like what you have done good luck in the clarity calendar challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you. It is good following the step by steps, helps to get the mojo going sometimes. I have a few more backgrounds to use yet, xx

      Delete
  5. You've done a fantastic job - just love it. I've done mine today so hopefully get it entered tomorrow.
    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you. I will look out for yours now. I am always reluctant to look at other entries til I have got mine done. Good luck to you as well. xx

      Delete