Translate

Sunday, 14 February 2016

CALENDAR CHALLENGE NO 2.


        Goodness almost halfway through February already, the days really do fly by. Not sure how I ever had time to go to work this retirement lark is certainly not restful. Good job I like to be busy. So on that note I would like to share with you my entry to February's Calendar challenge at Claritystamp.  The title is Taking Flight and we needed to use the Boy and Birds stamp.  Lovely large stamp, my nephew loves this image and I used it for his Birthday card last year. 

         So the idea is that we have to try to make our own copy of Barbara Gray's piece of art on her calendar. For February she had used a shaving foam background so rather difficult to get an exact copy. I gave it a good try and was quite pleased with my background. Then I just had to try to achieve some decent artwork. I am not going to bore you with details but will direct you to have a look at Barbara's blog for far better instructions on how to complete this piece of art.  Shaving foam with boy and birds.


                       Below is the original piece of artwork by Barbara Gray.

                              


          So could I manage to make a reasonable copy of this? I will leave you to decide for yourselves. I am quite pleased with my end result, not an exact copy but I don't think that is the intention, just need to see if we can follow the techniques. 

                           


        The colours on mine are not quite as vibrant but I had not got all the correct colours of re-inkers so had to substitute a couple. 
    Anyway hope you like this and that you will visit Barbara's blog One Day at a Time for more wonderful inspiration. 


               Thank-you  xxx

10 comments:

  1. A lovely effect you have created. Good luck in the calender challenge. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you Carol. Shaving foam is lovely for backgrounds.xx

      Delete
  2. Good luck in the calendar challenge. I love this image. I think you are strikingly close to the calendar image so well done! Von xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Von. It is a brilliant stamp, very useful. xx

      Delete
  3. Your background so nice good luck in the clarity calender challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you for your good wishes. I did several backgrounds at the same time, got a few to play with. xx

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank-you Sue. This was a tricky one. Love the shaving foam backgrounds though. xx

      Delete