Translate

Tuesday, 23 February 2016

ANNIVERSARIES----45 so far


     February, our anniversary month, 24th of Feb to be precise. This year it is our 45th, which apparently is a Sapphire anniversary. So of course I informed my lovely husband of this fact not expecting much response as he managed to bypass both pearl and ruby anniversaries. However as we were walking through the town centre a couple of weeks ago he took me into the jewellers. I am now the proud owner of some very nice sapphire earrings. Now what on earth do you buy a man who neither wants nor really needs anything. Think it will have to be a weekend away. 

     So all this links in nicely to the challenge at Claritystamps this month which is LOVE. I have made a card suitable for our big event.  I have used a combination of a Clarity stencil and Groovi boards. 
  

           I used the  Heart Rose stencil as the base of my design. I had to draw all round the outline with a white pen onto parchment. Then emboss carefully on the reverse. 



       

       
       Then I added a design into each of the apertures. I used the Wire heart and  All We Need is Love stamps for two of the designs. These I had to stamp onto copy paper first then trace over again with white pen onto the parchment.



                             
         
      

      Instead of embossing across the centre of the wire heart I pierced some holes and used some gold thread.


       On another heart I used a section from the Christmas tree groovi plate. So pretty these little swirls.   Finally I used the Banner and alphabet groovi border plate to add some lettering to the final heart.

     

            A few little gems on the swirls add a finishing touch. Some swirls from a  border plate around the outside neatened up the edges.



         
     I mounted finished piece onto dark blue paper, helped to show up the design and then onto some more blue and finally an 8 x 8 card base.




      I just hope the other half likes his card. I think he has actually been having sneaky peeks as I have been working on it.
   
                     Thank-you for visiting. xx

 


24 comments:

  1. Oh Lynn it's fabulous many congratulations on your anniversary. .good luck and thanks for entering x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Lynn it's fabulous many congratulations on your anniversary. .good luck and thanks for entering x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you Linda. Glad you like it, so much inspiration from you all on the design team. xx

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Jackie. I can lose myself for hours with the parchment, so relaxing. xx

      Delete
  4. Hi Lynn. What a very lovely card design. Best of luck in the Claritystamp challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lynn. What a very lovely card design. Best of luck in the Claritystamp challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you Emma, Kind words from someone as talented as yourself.Hope your arm is improving. xx

      Delete
  6. A lovely parchment card very elegent. Good luck in the challenge and thank you for entering. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you Carol. Fred liked it, so that was good. xxx

      Delete
  7. Wow Lynne - this is so clever. You are clearly well advanced with the parchment system. Love it, and happy anniversary xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alison, I did try parchment a few years ago but I am finding Groovi system helps. I also have more time now to devote to my hobby. xx

      Delete
  8. Happy Anniversary. What a lovely card. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you Naomi. Bit time consuming but a good reason. xx

      Delete
  9. Lynne that is absolutely amazing! I really hope your hubby appreciated all your hard work, and happy anniversary to you both, Susan x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you Susan. Yes he did like it, he admitted he had been having a few sneaky peaks when I was working on it. xx

      Delete
  10. You have been busy love how you have done this good luck in the clarity challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you. I enjoy the time spent making parchment cards, really does make me feel relaxed. xx

      Delete
  11. Much work but oh so worth it and after 45 years, it will be hugely appreciated! Congratulations on your Sapphire anniversary. Best wishes!;~}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you Shelagh. I enjoyed the work involved, he is worth it and it is quite a milestone. xx

      Delete
  12. Wow Susan stunning work so much talent you have put into this xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sheila, I have picked up a lot of helpful tips from the design team. xx

      Delete
  13. Wow Lynne this is gorgeous, and you've clearly put a lot of work into this. Thanks for joining the Clarity challenge this month. Good luck! x P.S. Congratulations on your wedding anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank-you Angela. We had a good anniversary but my husband has been ill ever since so been busy. I enjoy the parchment work so never mind how long it all takes. xx

    ReplyDelete