Translate

Monday, 4 January 2016

SPRING BLOSSOM


      A little bit of an optimistic title for this blog post really although we do have a snowdrop out in the garden and daffodil bulbs are pushing through. It is very mild for January but I wish the rain would stop. We count ourselves fortunate not to be affected by floods but feel so sorry for all the people who have lost so much. Not a good start to the New Year for so many let's hope this weather improves. 
     
      Anyway back to my card I am sharing today. I recently bought a copy of the new magazine Parchment Lace and there was a lovely grid for a pretty fan on the cover. I am fairly new to parchment craft, I have tried in the past but not done very well. I bought the Groovi system  from Claritystamps this enables you to transfer the line art easily to your parchment. It has made a big difference. So I could not resist trying one of the cards featured in the magazine. So pretty and I am quite pleased with my finished result. 

      


       The design for the blossom is in the magazine but I used one of my Groovi plates for the background and also added an edging using one of the border plates. Lots of patience needed as there was rather a lot of piercing and cutting to be done. I do like doing that though, very de-stressing. 

                         


                   Just a close up of the pretty fan and also the Spring blossom.

                                      

        I have found it helpful to follow a few instructions to learn this delicate card making technique.  Once you get started ideas start to form for more designs. Many thanks to Tattered Lace for the lovely magazine and design ideas. 

       Thanks for dropping by and I will be back very soon with some more creations.   xx

     

3 comments:

  1. Looks great! I do love the parchment cards you make they are very effective. Von x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely and so delicate. I am not sure I would have the patience for all that cutting and piercing, being fairly new to parchment craft with the fab Groovi xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Lynne ... just tried to follow your blog but it won't let me .. will have to try and work out why? Firstly I think your card above is just wonderful ... that fan is amazing! Thanks for popping by my blog earlier ... shall also be doing the whole wedding stationery bit next year as one of the nephews is getting married! Keeps us busy and out of trouble I guess! Love Debbie xXx

    ReplyDelete