Translate

Saturday, 30 January 2016

FLOWERS and PARCHMENT


            Start of a new year and a new challenge at Claritystamps, well actually the deadline is almost here as I am a bit late again this month with my entry. Anyway the challenge title is FLOWERS.  Easy I hear you say, well yes,but also so much choice. Took me a while to decide whether to use stamps, stencil or Groovi.  Well Groovi won as at the moment I am using it quite a lot, love the effect parchment gives. I did actually use a stamp as well so really good that both can be combined. 

                     


        This actually looks so much better in real life as the background is very pale, the parchment would have shown up much better on a dark background.
  
        
         I started by making a base for the flowers, just an oval shape on which I perforated and embossed a pattern.
                        
                                 

      
         Needed the important bit then some flowers, I chose the lovely peonies and embossed them and perforated them so that I could arrange them around the oval.


     
           For the background I used the Groovi netting plate and although it took quite a while I cut out the middle sections. 
          The butterfly is not  a Groovi one but the stamp that came with the club newsletter in December. I stamped it first on copy paper then traced over onto parchment with a white pen. The traditional way.



 
  


       

                               
                                   A little bit of pink shading on the bottom layer.





      

    

                   
 

                               Some pearls on the butterfly for a finishing touch. 
  

    Items used in this design
    
   Peoni Groovi plate
   Netting Groovi Plate

      I am enjoying using the Groovi system and creating parchment cards. Hope you like this one, think I just need some better photography skills now. 
      
      Thank-you for dropping in,please let me know what you think if you have time. xx
   

25 comments:

  1. Wow so beautiful what a lot of work done here very creative good luck in the clarity challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you. Love parchment and the effect it produces. x

      Delete
  2. This is stunning Lynne, an absolute masterpiece. The time and patience to do this was well worth it. So lovely.
    Thanks for sharing, brilliant blog.
    Good luck in the challenge.
    Hugs
    Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you Amanda. I enjoy the process of perforating and embossing parchment. Just lose myself in it. xx

      Delete
  3. This is gorgeous! I do love the parchment it is very effective. Von xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Von. Will have to get you trying the Groovi system, another craft for you. xx

      Delete
  4. Absolutely stunning Lynne - I have no idea how anyone has the patience to do something this beautiful, but thank you for sharing it, and good luck! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan. I have just seen your entry and I think it is wonderful. xx

      Delete
  5. Amazing, so much work, so beautifully done. Congratulation on your lovely piece and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you Naomi. So many lovely designs for us try in the Groovi range. Not enough hours in the day. xx

      Delete
  6. Such lovely work. Good luck in the challenge and thank you for entering. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you Carol. I do enjoy this craft. xx

      Delete
  7. Oh yeah this is seriously fabulous. Good luck and thanks for entering

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you Linda you are so kind. It is all the wonderful inspiration that you are all giving us, so encouraging. xx

      Delete
  8. WOW Lynne - such a beauty! A labour of love for sure...must have taken you ages to make all the elements - lots of expertise! Great to see your artwork, as always. Good luck in this month's Challenge xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you Carole. Did take a while but cannot rush parchment which is why it is so relaxing. xx

      Delete
  9. An exquisite parchment card Lynne, beautifully executed. Thanks for entering the Clarity challenge, And good luck. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you Barbara. I enjoyed making it once I had decided what to do. xx

      Delete
  10. That is really beautiful, Lynne. You have really become a Groovi expert. xx Maggie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you Maggie, that is a very kind compliment. I am enjoying using parchment now, tried in the past not very successfully. xx

      Delete
  11. Beautiful work, Lynne. I love how you have used a number of components and techniques to create such a beautiful project. Best wishes in the first Challenge of the year! ;~}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shelagh. That is the beauty of this craft can combine so many things. xx

      Delete
  12. Hey there Lynne. well you have come up trumps with this little beauty. I especially like your cut work in the trellis, very well done. Best of luck in the challenge xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey there Lynne. well you have come up trumps with this little beauty. I especially like your cut work in the trellis, very well done. Best of luck in the challenge xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you Emma. Took a while to do the trellis but did look better cut out. Hope you are getting over your fall. xx

      Delete