Translate

Wednesday, 27 January 2016

CLARITY CALENDAR CHALLENGE


        This challenge is all based on the lovely calendar produced by Barbara Gray for 2016. Each month a piece of her beautiful artwork is featured but as she shares all her skills with the rest of us, the instructions for each piece are on the back of each picture. They are in step by step format so easy to follow. The challenge is to re-create each month's piece of art using the same Clarity stamps if we have them. The winning entry will be judged by Barbara. 
    
         Now I was lucky enough to receive one of the calendars for Christmas, it was also signed by Barbara. This month's picture is a reflection of trees in water. I have only tried this technique once before and that was at a Clarity workshop a month ago. Anyway I am going to give it a try. I have not got the tree stamps used so have had to substitute some other Clarity trees instead which means mine is not an exact copy. I did not have the flock of bird stamp either so I drew mine instead. That is about the extent of my artwork as I cannot draw for toffee. I have given you the link here to watch how Barbara Gray completed the original artwork.  Trees with mantles You Tube video. Included in her blog post is a list of all the stamps etc you will need if you want to try for yourself. 




          This is the original picture, just beautiful. It really makes you feel as if the sun is just rising on a new day. Now for my attempt. 
      
                              

   
        I have not managed to get quite the same depth of colour but as this is only my second attempt at making a reflection I am fairly pleased with end result. Of course I have had to use different Clarity stamps as well. 

    I hope you will join me each month now as I try to re-create that month's picture, some I think are a little easier than others. Anyway I hope you will leave a comment and let me know how you think I have done. Reckon we might have a few laughs along the way. 

              Thank-you. xxx









    

18 comments:

  1. Very nice work here good luck in the clarity calendar challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you. Think I need the trees with mantles now. Will have to add to wish list. xx

      Delete
    2. Yes the mantels are nice

      Delete
  2. A lovely piece of art work. Good luck in the calendar challenge. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you. Love the idea of this challenge. xx

      Delete
  3. A beautiful piece of art Lynne, your reflections are fabulous , and I love your use of colour. Have a lovely weekend...hugs. Jo. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you Jo, that is very kind. Always looks so easy when someone else does it. xx

      Delete
  4. What a lovely picture! Think you did a great job.vonxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Von.Think I need a little more practice on this one. xx

      Delete
  5. Love what you have achieved Lynne. I think this challenge is great for learning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you Linda, I agree will get us to use those wonderful step by steps on the calendar. xx

      Delete
  6. Love what you have achieved Lynne. I think this challenge is great for learning

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you've done a fab job Lynne with your reflection. I'm attempting all the monthly pieces too....when I get a chance. Lots of techniques to try, and master. Look forward to seeing the next eleven months' art from you! Have a fab weekend xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you Carole. Glad you having a go as well as you say lots to learn. Will be good to see how everyone progresses. xx

      Delete
  8. It's lovely Lynne. That's the beauty of Clarity though isn't it - you can substitute other stamps and it still looks as good as the one you are working from. Well done. Just got mine in on time! Phew. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you Dawn. I like the fact we can substitute stamps as not possible to have them all, would not mind a few more though. Shopping spell coming up methinks. Will go and have a look at yours now. xx

      Delete