Translate

Thursday, 1 October 2015

WILD ROSES


      Hello, welcome back. I was having a look through all my stamps the other day and found this pretty background one. I think it is based on 'The Country Diary of an Edwardian Lady' so I am guessing Wild Roses. Not too sure but I think my aunt used to call them Dog roses but I might be very wrong. I am not brilliant on names for wild flowers. Anyway I have used this stamp as the basis for my card for the challenge at Sweet Lilac Flowers, which this time is titled 'Say it With Flowers' I think most of us enjoy making floral cards.
    


     I started by making a mask for my stencil out of copy paper. Just draw round stencil and then cut out the inside carefully on the lines. Then I taped the stencil to a piece of card , making a hinge at the top. I brushed some Meadow Adirondack through the aperture, just lightly. Lift up the stencil to have a little look and decide if more ink needed. 



    When I was happy with the colour I removed the stencil and placed the copy paper mask I had made over the design.  Then I stamped my flowers into place.



      Once I had stamped enough flowers I removed the paper mask and drew a fine squiggly line all around the outside of pattern. 


        
          Next step was to use my Spectrum Noir pencils and colour in the stamped image. 


     
         I mounted the design onto a piece of contrasting paper,added another line around the edge of the card. Then some of the Sweet Lilac flowers and a few pearls
         

          I die cut a greeting in the same paper as background and added to the top.


.




 
         Quite a simple card but looks effective I think.  So I am going to enter this into the challenge at Sweet Lilac.  Do have a look at their website and also maybe put your own entry into the challenge, might win some lovely flowers. Thankyou for visiting.  xx

2 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful card hun, thanks for joining us at Sweet Lilac Flowers this month.
    Shell xx (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh like the flowers. They really make the card. good luck in the challenge. Von xx

    ReplyDelete