Translate

Friday, 4 September 2015

PURPLE GEESE


       A little bit of artistic license with this card, purple geese. Love this stamp from Claritystamps, especially the beautiful patterns on it. I have coloured the geese in purple because I want to enter this card into the challenge at Fantasy Stampers, which is the colour purple. 

     First of all stamp the geese into place and the ones flying as well. I used Black Archival for this. Then using the masks that come with the stamp I masked them off. Make sure you position the mask carefully takes a little time but worth the effort.




        Next I created a background using my Gelli plate. Firstly brayered on some shaded lilac distress ink and blotted it with crumpled copy paper. Then pulled off my first print. Then I added some Adirondack Eggplant to half the plate and again blotted it with  well crumpled copy paper. Carefully replaced my card and took off another print. This gives a lovely effect and a nice easy background. Now you can remove the masks from the geese.

                                      


       
          I coloured the birds using Spectrum Noir pencils and used a Sakura glitter pen on their legs. Take your time with the shading using the pencils lightly.

                          

          Finally I trimmed the card and mounted onto some purple glitter card and then a white blank card base. Using a fine black pen I added some little squiggles in two corners to match the design on the geese.

                                

         

                Stamp used------Geese + mask unmounted set

           Quite an easy little card to make but effective. Hope you like it, please leave a comment if you have time. Thank-you  xx

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Lynne. I love the fact that stamping gives us crafters artistic license to create creatures in what ever colours we like.
    Thank you for joining the challenge at Fantasy Stampers.
    Crafty hugs
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great card! I love the geese, quite often see the Canadian geese flying over our house and around our local lake when walking the dogs. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Von. I bet they are not purple geese though, that would give you a shock. xx

      Delete
  3. Wow! I love your card, Lynne - it's fab reading about all the Clarity techniques (I must admit I am a little scared of my geli plate!) It's great to see you at Fantasy Stampers, good luck hun.
    Hugz, Jan (DT) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The gelli plate scared me to begin with, bit out of my comfort zone. I still have a lot to try out with it. Thankyou for your kind comments Jan. xx

      Delete
  4. Love the background to your geese, I've not tried using a gelli plate yet.
    So pleased to see you in the gallery at Fantasy Stampers. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you Julie. Gelli plate makes some lovely backgrounds. xx

      Delete