Translate

Sunday, 20 September 2015

DISTRESSED FLOWERS


      Hello, hope this finds you all well. Lovely sunny day here in late September, which is great. We need a little sunshine as the summer has not been brilliant. It is my eldest daughter's birthday today and as it was our youngest son's a couple of days ago we are having a family meal later. We love to celebrate Birthdays, make the day a little special. 
     
     So on that note I am sharing the card I have completed for my daughter. I started this one when I was on the Clarity retreat back in August so it is not my design but one that Barbara Gray showed us all how to do.  I did not get much of it finished back then as the colouring takes a while.

      



         The flowers are stamped onto a page from a dictionary, just have to be careful which page you choose some words not appropriate. The edges are distressed and then inked with a blending tool. I love using the blending tool , I like the effect it gives. Mask off the flowers and shade a little around the outside of them as well. Makes them stand out. 




   I added some gold cord to the corners with a little bow and the mounted onto beige and black card. I love the effect so thank-you Barbara Gray for sharing your ideas. Just hope my daughter likes it now.  Thank-you for dropping in and having a read of my blog.  I am off to decide what I shall wear for our get together later. Enjoy your day. xx

2 comments:

  1. I love this effect. Very clever. Well done you. Another successful project for you
    Julie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh yes! I loved the card Mum! Lovely get together too! Von xx

    ReplyDelete