Translate

Tuesday, 22 September 2015

CANDI CARDS


      I have spent a couple of hours this afternoon making a few quick cards. I like to have some ready for emergencies, those forgotten dates or even a little thank-you note. These few were made from a card candi pad I had from Craftwork cards, not my usual style of card these days but they are very pretty. If you have not used card candi before it is small discs of coloured card cut to look like brads. Just put a tiny sticky pad on your design and place the candi on top. I added some glitter in between and some pretty gems then mounted the design sheets on some contrasting paper, just finished them off nicely. For the backing paper I was able to use a few of those small pads of paper that we seem to accumulate, I have had several free on magazines, ideal for backing these little design sheets. 



          

        
  



                
                                                   A closer view of the card candi. 



                    
  

               I have quite a few of these made now, I am not going to put any sentiment on the front then I can use them for whatever occasion crops up.  A good afternoon's work I think. 
      Thank-you for having a look today. xx

3 comments:

  1. Really like these! Very effective. Von x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this idea Lynne - I'm really trying to use up some of my craft stash this year, so this type of card would be great! Thanks for the inspiration, Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are really pretty Lynne - you're a very talented crafter. You know how easily swayed I am when it comes to different things to use for crafting, so I'm going to check out these little card Candi....you may well see them on my future work, so thank you for sharing :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete