Translate

Thursday, 13 August 2015

CLARITY RETREAT 2015


        I have recently returned from two wonderful days at the Claritystamps retreat with the very talented Barbara Gray. She shared so much knowledge with us and I picked up so many wonderful ideas. Paul Church was there as well helping out, he worked so hard making sure we all had the right equipment and were coping ok. 
         
         I have only started to attend workshops this year and I really recommend them. Everyone is only to happy to share their knowledge and to give advice if needed.  I really hope I will be able to go to the retreat again next year, it was a brilliant experience.

       Anyway I thought I would share a few of the projects that we did. Please be aware these are not my designs so I cannot take credit for that. 





     Really pleased with the result on this one although getting the mask on these birds is not easy. Thank goodness Paul was there to help or I think I would still be sat there. 


     Wonderful effect achieved with this deer stamp by using some torn paper to create the hills in the background. Love the colours and think I might do some more in shades of blue for Christmas cards. 


       This thank you card is so pretty. It is one that was given to Barbara and she had the designer's permission to use it at the retreat for a tutorial. I have not bought this stamp yet but I think it might not be long before I do. 


     
         I thought I might not enjoy doing the canvas but I was wrong. So wrong. I am also happy with my finished canvas and will be hanging it in my hall. I shall also have a go at some more. The flowers were added by dragging Grunge Paste through a stencil.


    
         The above design is made on card but can be mounted onto a canvas. I love this one and so does my granddaughter. She has asked me to make her one in shades of blue for her bedroom. I think that might be a compliment. 



         Barbara checking on our progress. It was a very busy room and a lot of shopping was done as well.
       
           
      Two lovely ladies, Dawn and Alison who were very friendly and had a wonderful sense of humour. A lot of laughter in between all the hard work. 


   
     Finally this was a cake which I made and took along to the retreat. I had promised Barbara earlier in the year that I would take one. She was very pleased with it and I am happy to say it tasted ok as well. I hope you have enjoyed my pictures and my little insight into two very busy days.  Thank you for visiting. xx 

2 comments:

  1. It looks like you had a great time ! The work you have produced is truly fantastic and it looks like you have picked up some great new skills for your card making. I look forward to this years birthday card.....no pressure! :). Von xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha you are funny. Thankyou it was a great time, no pressure then for your card. xx

      Delete