Translate

Thursday, 20 August 2015

BINGO


        Not really going to play Bingo but can liken this challenge to that rather traditional British game. I used to love playing Bingo though when I was little, I had my own little cards and counters. I would get my mum and dad playing on a Sunday afternoon. Anyway back to the challenge which is the  Clarity one for August.                                                                                                                  



                                        



       The idea is to choose any line , vertical, horizontal or diagonal, all four corners or full house, then using those elements to complete a project. I was going to be ambitious and go for full house but then decided to be more sensible and settle for the middle line, partly because I could not find my shrink plastic. So I have gone for Stencil, Stamp and Grunge Paste.

     



       Above is my completed card. I got so engrossed making this that I forgot to take photos as I went along. So I have taken a few close up ones of different areas and will try to explain how I made this.
I made the background using the Fresco chalk paints, they are brilliant. I used a brayer and covered the card completely in stone and then using blues and greens I walked the brayer over the base. By this I mean that I did not apply a lot of pressure. The effects that can be achieved are great, I had not tried this until I was at the retreat  a couple of weeks ago. Finally I added just a few splashes of red, just enough to give it a bit of a lift.
     
          Next I applied some grunge paste through the Japanese reeds stencil also through just a little part of a new sunflower stencil that was designed for the Clarity retreat. Leave to dry thoroughly then reapply stencil and sponge some ink onto the set paste.  As I was looking at the background I could see hills forming in the paint so I drew them in with a black pen. Then shaded them with Spectrum Noir pencils.


      
        Out came the fairy wee folk and I stamped some into place with a toadstool as well.

     
         I wanted some tiny butterflies so using the Butterfly tree stamp I brushed some chalk paint onto one of the small ones and stamped into place. 

  
         Finally I felt it still looked a bit flat so I used some bright colours of chalk paint and just dabbed them all over the bottom of the picture. Gives it a nice lift, thank-you Barbara Gray for sharing this tip with us. 



        






         I loved making this card and trying out some of the new ideas I have recently learnt. I really am getting out of my comfort zone by using paints but enjoying it too. 


        Items used   
                            Japanese reeds stencil
                            Butterflytree stamp
                            Fairy Wee Folk
                             Grunge Paste and Fresco chalk paints.

       Thank- you for visiting.  xx
      

                            

                            

18 comments:

  1. Very nice lot of work gone into this well done good luck in the clarity challenge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you. It got very tempting to keep adding to it, had to stop myself. x

      Delete
  2. Great card Lynne I know what you mean about getting engrossed - I very often forget to stop and take pics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you. I really did enjoy making this, love these chalk paints. xx

      Delete
  3. Hi Lynne, love all the techniques you have included to such great effect on your card. Inspired choice of stencils - particularly the addition of the Retreat Sunflower - stamps and colours. Wishing you success in this month's Clarity Challenge. ;~}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you Shelagh. So pretty the retreat stencil will have to use again soon. Hope you are well, lovely to have met up with you. x

      Delete
  4. Oh I do love the wee fairies...... Quite into the fairy and magical kingdom theme at the moment. Love the Lavinia stamps too on this theme. They remind me of some work we did with a storyteller and she told some great Irish folk stories about fairies. Best of luck in the challenge! Von xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Von. The wee fairies are great, so useful. Thank-you. xx

      Delete
  5. You have created a wonderful effect and texture on this art work it is lovely. Good luck in the challenge and thank you for entering.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you. The chalk paints are great for creating some lovely effects. I love all the colours as well. xx

      Delete
  6. You've created such a lovely scene for the wee fairies Lynne. I particularly like all the little meadow flowers; gorgeous. Its so nice to see you confident enough to use techniques you learnt at the retreat. Thanks for entering the Clarity challenge, and good luck. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you Barbara. We learnt such a lot at the retreat, some things I had already tried but great to have Barbara there to make sure I was doing things right. xx

      Delete
  7. Wonderful combination of stamps and stencils, great texture and a lovely scene. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank-you Naomi. Could not resist including those wee fairies. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your wee folk look right at home in the scene you've created with your chosen elements Lynne. Thank you for entering this month's Clarity challenge. Good luck! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you Angela. Love the wee folk, so useful. xx

      Delete