Translate

Wednesday, 24 June 2015

DISTRESSED

         The title of this post does not mean I am distressed but is the theme for the challenge at Fussy and Fancy. I never used to like this sort of look on cards or anything really but I have gradually had a change of heart. There are some beautiful designs on this theme in the shops. So I really felt I had to enter this challenge. 
        
         I have a few vintage style papers and I searched through all my stash for other items. Gosh isn't it amazing the amount that we manage to collect. I do not have much storage space but still manage to cram a bit more in. Must be done. 
  
        I started with a strip of vintage paper and distressed the edges. I also blended some ink onto the edge. 
        
     
           Using a newsprint stamp I added some print over the background paper. I added some lace to the edges of the floral strip of paper then layered it on top of the background paper.


        It was a question then of adding lots of lovely embellishments.   A lot of very pretty Sweet Lilac flowers in the corner and a little charm.
  
   I found this little wooden LOVE. some gilding wax distressed it beautifully. Only recently discovered gilding wax and I love the effect it gives. 


                             Some buttons with ribbon tied through.

     
            I found a pretty lace heart, think I must have had these for ages.

    
                                                   A die cut swirl in contrasting paper.




        The completed card, really enjoyed making this one. Think I will have to make a box for it though, it is never going to fit in an envelope.


         
            Thankyou for visiting and please leave a comment if you have time. x

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty card lynne. I love your lace & colors. Thanks for playing with us at Fussy & Fancy challenge.
    Nathalie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Nathalie. Lovely theme, enjoyed this one. x

      Delete