Translate

Sunday, 12 April 2015

SOMETHING NEW------ For Me Anyway!!


      I have been to my very first workshop this weekend. I have promised myself to go ever since retiring two years ago but somehow have not managed it. Anyway off I went on Saturday, had to go to Nottingham but that was fine it is not far away. I had booked a place at Clarity East Midlands workshop which is run by Sally-Ann Hanes. I was a little nervous, but everyone was very friendly and soon made me feel welcome. 
      We had been sent an e-mail telling us what we would be doing. I have to admit on seeing that I thought HELP. We were to be creating a canvas, something I have not done before. I am creative but not artistic so was a little worried. Also I tend to like things to be precise so splashing paint and grunge paste about was a bit out of my comfort zone.  No worries though--- I really enjoyed myself. We used stencils,punches charms glitter and flowers to create our works of art, also discovered gilding wax which is wonderful. 
                    
                                           


         This is my finished canvas, I am quite pleased with it for a first attempt. There are a few things I would do differently next time but that is all part of the learning process. I will certainly be trying some more. I saw some wonderful creations by the other ladies and that has given me some ideas.  Anyway thankyou very much to Sally-Ann for all the advice and also to Kim who keeps us supplied with many cups of tea and coffee. 
      It does not really need me to say that I have booked my place for next month and I am counting the days till I can go and play again. It is lovely to spend the day with other like minded people. I will share with you what we create next time. 




2 comments:

  1. I really like this! It looks brilliant! Love the colours. Von xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is lovely. I so need to learn some of the techniques for card making that you use to make those gift tags that I keep saying I will set to and make!
    Ju
    xx

    ReplyDelete