Translate

Wednesday, 29 April 2015

FAIRY GLADE

 
        Challenge time again at Claritystamps. I am late again this month getting my entry completed, every month I promise myself to be organised but sadly does not always happen. I must admit I have been trying to make the most of the pleasant weather we have been having by enjoying some days out with my husband.
        Anyway the challenge for this month , or what is left of it, is to design something using the Wee Folk stamps. This is a cute stamp range by Clarity that is so useful. If you have not seen them they are small figures that can easily be incorporated into any design. After a lot of thought I opted to use the recently released fairy and elves stamps. 
         I have to confess to forgetting to take some pictures as I assembled this card, so will just have to show you the finished result this time,with a few explainations. 


                          
             
      This is the bottom section, I used the toadstool stamp but added a few alterations to it. I drew in chimneys, door and windows, to make them look like little fairy houses.  Cute. The path was created from a stamp in the journaling set and of course an elf maybe hurrying home for tea.




       Fairy in top corner flying around on a butterfly, taken from the butterfly tree set. Hope she was not meant to getting tea but of course could use magic. Wish I could sometimes.  The branches are another stamp from the journal set, such a useful little set of stamps.
      

   
  

           Closer view of the toadstool houses, I added some glitter glue on the roof. 


                      

       Completed card with some more sparkle in the branches. I also used versamark ink on the moon with some pearl white pan pastel rubbed over. Gives it a bit of moonshine. Not easy to see in the photo. Think I need to improve on my photos they never look how I want them to. 

                                         Remountable-Wee-Folk-4-Elves-Clear-Stamp-Set
                                         Toadstool-Clear-Stamp-
                                        Remountable-Journaling-Clear-Stamp-Set


       Think I shall save this card for my great niece later in the year. Do have a look at the Clarity challenge blog there are always amazing entries each month and you still have time to enter.  Thankyou for visiting. 
   

26 comments:

  1. A lovely card and background you have created. Good luck in the challenge and thank you for entering. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Carol. Love these wee folk. x

      Delete
  2. Nice card love the colour combination like tourism with the added butterfly your competition is good good luck in the Clarity challenge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou. I am trying to be braver with colour. xx

      Delete
  3. Lovely vivid card Lynne, it's a great composition. Love the fairy riding on the butterfly and the elf tip-toeing along the line on his way home.
    Thank you for entering the challenge and good luck to you xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol Enjoyed this challenge, these wee folk are gorgeous. xx

      Delete
  4. Great idea to turn the toadstool into a little house for the wee folk! A lovely scene - and thank you for being so detailed about the stamps used (sometimes, I look at cards and don't recognise some of the stamps, there are so many!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou for the lovely comments. Glad I have helped with the names of the stamps, there are a lot to choose from, so many more I would like. xx

      Delete
  5. A beautiful card Lynne with some lovely touches. I particularly like the additions to the toadstools. Thanks for entering the Clarity Challenge this month. Good luck! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Angela. Love the way some of the stamps can be changed a little. xx

      Delete
  6. You have chosen a great combination of stamps to create your card, Lynne; I particularly like how you have incorporated some from the journaling set, another favourite of mine! Good luck and thank you for entering the Clarity Challenge. ;~}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Shelagh. I have had the journaling set for a while, but only recently realised just how useful it can be. xx

      Delete
  7. A beautiful card and worth the wait Lynne, love the additions to the toadstools.Everything works beautifully together. Thanks for entering and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Naomi. Had fun creating this card, wee folk are just great. xx

      Delete
  8. You reckon you were late, Lynne. I think I had a few seconds to spare to get mine in. I have never rushed a card like I did this one. It was actually the worst of the backgrounds I did that day but probably the best for this job. Thank you for your visit and lovely comment. I love your interpretation of the brief. Really lovely. xxx Maggie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes it is best not to over think our cards, I loved your card, will be getting that lovely house stamp next week. Thankyou Maggie for the kind comment. x

      Delete
  9. Fab card Lynne. I love your doodled additions to the toadstools and the story you have created around your card. I know I could do with some fairy magic to help eith household chores! Thanks for entering the Clarity challenge, and good luck. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Barbara. If I had given myself more time I was going to make a story book but did not happen. xx

      Delete
  10. Love the way you have adapted the toadstool to make a fairy house. A great design, Lynne. Good luck in the challenge x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Lesley. The wee folk are so lovely, it was a great challenge. xx

      Delete
  11. What a wonderful composition Lynne. Brilliant work and the fairy catching a ride on the butterfly is genius! Well done girl! Thank you for entering and sharing this with us. Best of luck xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thankyou so much for such a lovely comment Emma. Lot of fun to be had with these stamps. xx

      Delete
  12. Love this card.....like the fantasy element. I do love fairies and toadstools and all those themes. Very mystical. Well done...good luck in the challenge. Love von xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Von. Would love to think the fairies lived at the bottom of the garden. xx

      Delete
  13. Fairies do live at the bottom of the garden don't they!!! just a pity they don't help out in the house with the daily chores. I remember granddad used to tell me, when I was little, that elves lived in the lamp posts and switched them on every night and I believed him for a long time!!
    Well done this card is fab
    Love Ju
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Ju. The things we believe when we are little. my uncle told me there was a little man under the road running in front of the cars switching the lights on.I remember granddad . spinning you that story. Bless him. xx

      Delete