Translate

Saturday, 28 February 2015

SHABBY CHIC ROSE

   
        Goodness I am really late this month getting my entry done for the challenge  at Claritystamp. Not too sure where this last month has gone to, the days have just flown by. It is the first day of Spring on Sunday but there are still some very cold days. We have got a few crocus out in the garden which is lovely so maybe warmer times are around the corner. Anyway the challenge for this month is  FLORAL  so I had a quick look through all my stencils and decided to use this lovely Roseart one. So pretty and Shabby chic style came to mind. So hopefully I have achieved that.   
       
          As I am so late with this entry I will just have to show you some pictures of my card.




    I stenciled the design onto a piece of the music paper available on the Clarity stamp website.  Using a paint brush dampen the edges to rough them up a bit.  I used the newsprint stamp from the journal set to make the strips in the background.
             



        A little bit of lace pleated along the bottom edge and mounted onto contrasting  paper.




          A few flowers in the bottom corner and a little strip of pearls help to set off this beautiful stencil.

Roseart stencil


Completed card
        Hope you like this design, a bit different for me as usually all my edges would have to be straight.  I might soon be splashing the paints around  if I carry on like this. Right I must dash now and get this entered into the challenge at Clarity.  NOTE TO SELF ----- Be more organised next time.  Please take the time to pop over to the website  http://www.claritystamp.co.uk/   and have a look at all the other wonderful entries.  

11 comments:

  1. Lynne this is a beautiful way of using the stencil, I really like the shabby chic effect on the background papers. Thank you for entering the challenge. Good luck! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The shabby chic is so appealing and pretty, Lynne and isn't it rewarding to do something different, so successfully too. The torn pages add that extra feature to create a perfect backdrop for the stencil. Thank you for participating in the challenge and good luck. ;~]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving this Lynne, really pretty.
    Good luck in the challenge.
    Hugs
    Amanda. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there Lynne. What a pretty card. Liking your take on this. best of luck in the challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a really lovely card Lynne. At first glance I thought you'd used torn book pages; but using the journalling stamp gave a great result and an extra layer of detail. Well done. Thanks for entering the Clarity challenge, and good luck. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty card Lynne . Good luck and thanks for entering x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very feminine card Lynne. Probably a bit late to wish you luck, but thanks for entering. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. So lovely, delicate and feminine. Beautiful. Thanks for entering the Clarity Challenge and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A really lovely card. I like the rose stencil. The flowers were lovely too are they from the stash you won?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they were. I was going to make some but left it all a bit late this time. Must get some flower dies when we go to NEC. xxx

      Delete
  10. Thankyou everyone for the kind comments. It was a lovely theme for a challenge but also so much choice. xx

    ReplyDelete