Translate

Tuesday, 10 February 2015

RETIREMENT


       Retirement approaches, not mine I retired almost two years ago but my neighbour and good friend is finally packing it all in. We used to work together in the local school, where she was in the office and I was a teaching assistant. This is the job she is leaving after many years and I know she will be missed. Anyway of course I needed to make her a special card and as her garden is amazing I have based it on that. Goodness we will all have to keep our gardens up to scratch now that she will have more time to spend on hers. 
      
       I chose an image from one of Debbi Moore's CD's , Shabby chic Garden. I am going to enter this card into the challenge at http://sweetlilacflowers.blogspot.co.uk/2014_07_01_archive.html  as well . The theme for this month is New Beginnings so this seemed perfect as it is the start of a whole new lifestyle. 

                            Image that I chose, a little bit of decoupage involved.
  
                Picture mounted onto backing papers, I added a length of ribbon across the card and then glued a paper strip on top. Sunhats might be needed this summer,  hopefully. 



       I cut a small swirl from the backing paper and glued onto the top right corner, along with some gems.



     A selection of the beautiful flowers from sweet Lilac were added to the bottom corner.


                                                   I put a couple on the sunhat as well.


                                                A sentiment in the other corner.



Finished card.

    All it needed then was an insert. I like to put inserts in larger cards  because I think they give the finishing touch.


                   All I need to do now is make an envelope to fit, think I might need a small box  because of the depth of the flowers.  Thankyou for visiting and I hope you like this card.                                                                                                                        

4 comments:

  1. Wow Lynne, lovely use of the flowers on your special card, she will love it, thanks for sharing with us at Sweet lilac, hugs Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous entry Liz, such a beautiful card for a gardener. Thank you so much for joining us at the Sweet Lilac Challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a lovely card! Love the detail and colours. Hope you do well... Love Von x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thankyou to all of you for the lovely comments. xx

    ReplyDelete