Translate

Wednesday, 18 February 2015

LOVE IS IN THE AIR


         February can be one of the most dismal months of the year I think. Once Christmas is over my thoughts turn to Spring but we usually have some rotten weather to contend with first. Anyway Valentines day is always a cheerful event and this year I was the recipient of some red roses, from my husband I hasten to add. This was a surprise as he is well known for not buying many flowers, they are still blooming beautifully now. Also we have a wedding to go to on the 21st, the son of some good friends is getting married. We have known him since he was a baby so I am sure to have a big lump in my throat. Of course I needed a special card for the Happy Couple which I am also entering into the challenge at Fussy and Fancy and the theme is All About Love.   

                I started by embossing the leafy swirl stencil from Claritystamps onto good quality white paper. I also die cut some squares and layered them, placing them in one of the corners.



   Using a butterfly die I cut several and layered them leaving the last butterfly raised.
   This was then placed in the opposite corner to the squares.




                          I also cut some fancy swirls and added them by the squares.


                                Next I stamped a heart using a stamp from Claritystamps,                                                                    I used silver ink and embossed it as well.


                Across the middle of one heart I stitched a row of pearls following the lines. I like stitching on paper it can look very effective.


                               The hearts were layered and placed on top of the squares.

             
                      Of course it needed some flowers, the silver ones I made myself by layering petal shapes and then curling them. 



                          A few pearls in the last corner and a sentiment finished the card which was layered onto silver mirri card and a white card blank.




All that is needed now is a box to fit and Congratulations to the young couple.
Thankyou for spending time visiting my blog . 





3 comments:

  1. I'm impressed with my dad buying roses. They do look lovely! Not garage flowers either ... Think the card is fabulous and I am sure the happy couple will be touched to receive it. I love hand made cards much more thought and care taken in making them. Have fun at the wedding. Von xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Von. Wedding was lovely, always such happy occasions. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love January and February (just happens to be my birthday in February!) because these are the two quieter months of the year for me where I normally manage to some of my crafting done. This card is beautiful. I love the beads
    Ju
    x

    ReplyDelete