Translate

Friday, 27 February 2015

BIRTHDAY CELEBRATIONS

         We have a special Birthday celebration this month, they are all special really but the ones with a zero on the end always call for a little extra attention. This time our daughter Julie is in the limelight, she has reached the big 40.  She is sure to read this and say thanks mum for telling everyone but she does not look her age. Anyway we love a celebration so are making sure she enjoys herself.  Birthday cake of course, any excuse to break the diet for a short time and a special card. She had a sewing machine a couple of years ago and loves to spend any spare time using it. She is making some lovely items and is teaching herself along the way.  So of course I had to make a card on the sewing theme, Crafter's Companion MAKEY BAKEY MICE CD was perfect for this. So many lovely designs but I found just the right elements for her card. 
             
                        

                                                                                                                                                                         I found these lovely card bases in my stash, added some sparkle to the edges and arranged all the elements onto the base. I also had some great sewing charms which were perfect for the theme. Some extra gems and small crochet flowers finished off the design.



.
 
Completed Card



      



                                                    


                                              










Cute mice




Crochet flowers


         She did like her card I am pleased to say. I have had to wait until after her Birthday to show you this card as I knew she would be looking on my blog to see if she could get any clues. I am also entering this into the challenge at Crafter's Companion this month which is Add Some Sparkle.
  
         I will just show you a picture of the cake I made for her as well, again keeping the sewing theme.

      Not very much left of this after our rather large family had visited.  Thankyou for looking at my creations, hope you liked them. 

2 comments:

  1. Great cake! The card was very appropriate for Julie too. Love the crochet flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I soo loved the card and the cake. The attention to detail on both were amazing. very clever
    Ju
    xx

    ReplyDelete