Translate

Tuesday, 6 January 2015

NEW BABY

      Some friends of our son have had a new baby boy a few days ago. What a lovely way to start the New Year, Mother and baby doing ok. This is a nice chance to make a baby card as we have not had many new arrivals recently.  I had to have a good search through all my stash to find a suitable image for a card, finally deciding on a Crafter's Companion CD of Popcorn Bear. I have been doing a lot more stamped designs lately but had not got any suitable stamps for this occasion. 
      Anyway I printed out all the pieces I needed, opting for some decoupage. I quite like a project where I need to do some cutting out.


Pieces cut out ready for card
    I assembled the decoupage and then it was just a question of putting the arrangement together with some matching backing paper.



   
    I also added some flowers from the Sweet Lilac range. They have some beautiful flowers which really add to a card. I hope you like this design, quite a quick and easy card but I thought it was nice to share happy news. 

4 comments:

  1. What s lovely card! I saw a photo of the new arrival and I must say he is a very cute baby! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He certainly is. Good to start the New Year with cheerful news. xx

      Delete
  2. Good start to the New Year Lynne and I'm sure your friends were delighted with this beautiful card. Thank you for entering the Sweet Lilac Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this adorable card with us at Sweet Lilac, lovel the decoupaged image, hugs Liz xx

    ReplyDelete