Translate

Tuesday, 20 January 2015

LACY SWALLOW

        Time for the challenge at Claritystamp again, this month the theme is Things with Wings. My first thought was butterflies, I would put them on everything given the chance but then I looked through my stamps and found this Lacy Swallow stamp. I had not used it so decided this was a good opportunity. 

         I placed a square aperture stencil onto some Gelli card and stamped the Lacy Swallow through it using black Archival ink. Leaving the stencil in place I added a mask over the swallow and a moon mask and using inks added the background design. Remove the masks. Then using Spectrum Noir pencils I coloured in the swallow.  I chose blue and bright pink, wanting it to stand out well.  I dusted around the edge of card with blue and pink ink. Then layered onto some of the Clarity blue paper and then pink as well. Then onto an 8 x 8 card base. 

                                                                                           

                                                           
Swallow coloured and background.
              

    I found that if just the tail piece is stamped twice matching in the middle it makes a small bow in the middle. 




         My first idea was to place one of the larger bows in each corner but when I did this they just over powered the swallow. So I cut out the small bow and  placed one of these in each corner adding a gem in the middle. I have put one of the larger ones on the envelope. 




Finished design


      Hope you like this piece. I think it will be perfect for my friend's Birthday in a few weeks.

20 comments:

  1. Genius with the bow Lynne. Lovely card you have made for your friend. I am sure she will adore it. Thank you for entering and I wish you the best of luck. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Emma. I like to see what else can be achieved with the stamps. xx

      Delete
  2. I love this stamp, it's so pretty. The card is lovely and the bow is really clever. Good luck in the challenge. Xx
    Hugs
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou for your good wishes. It is a pretty stamp, I should have used it before. XX

      Delete
  3. Lynne, you have really brought out all the detail in the swallow by colouring it in so beautifully. And thanks for sharing how to make the little bows: great idea. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Barbara. The detail is gorgeous on this stamp so did not need too much help from me.xx

      Delete
  4. Very clever use of the stamp to make the bow. Good composition, the swallow really looks as if it is diving to catch insects. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou for the kind comment. The bows were a little fiddly, several did not line up as I wanted. xx

      Delete
  5. This is a nice card used your colours well good luck in the Clarity challenge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou, I do like the pencils colours are bril. Would like some more sets. xx

      Delete
  6. Lovely card and the bow if so beautiful and a super idea. Thanks for entering the Clarity Challenge and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Naomi. There are so many ways to use the Clarity stamps. xx

      Delete
  7. What a lovely card! I love the swallow and you have coloured it beautifully. Hope you do well! Love von x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Von. The swallow is such a pretty stamp. xx

      Delete
  8. I love this stamp and you have coloured it beautifully. I love the positioning of the bird and the idea of the bows is genius. Thank you for entering the challenge. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Angela. I am still learning with colouring, trying to be braver with the colours. xx

      Delete
  9. Such a clear, crisp image and the composition and colouring are beautiful Lynne - I love it! Good luck
    Carole P xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carole for your encouragement. Clarity stamps always give us good results don't they? xx

      Delete
  10. Fabulous card Lynne and your bow is just genius ....I love it...have a good weekend...Jo. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Jo. Think I shall use the bow on more cards in the future, quite useful. Hope your weekend is good too. xx

      Delete