Translate

Saturday, 27 December 2014

TREES, CLARITY CHALLENGE

       I hope you have all had a wonderful Christmas, gosh all that preparation and it is all over so quickly. There was even a little bit of snow on Boxing Day which added to the atmosphere.  We had a great time, thankfully my son had recovered from a nasty bout of flu in time to enjoy the festivities. I really have eaten too many rich things so it will be back on the diet next week. 
      I would like to share with you probably the last Christmas card I made this year.  Claritystamps have set a challenge for December under the theme of TREES, so I am entering this card. I have always enjoyed Iris Folding so I combined that technique with the stamps and stencils from Clarity. The stencil that came with the Clarity Design Club this month was perfect. A little fiddly to cut out but that was ok. 
    
     Firstly I drew round the stencil in pencil onto some 7x7 Gelli card  then cut out the inside of the tree. On the other side I stamped my background design, I did this after the cutting out just in case I spoilt the design.


   
     Then it was just a question of choosing some papers for the tree design. Some gems were added to finished picture to look like lights twinkling on the tree and a little star at the top.


Closer view of Iris Folded design



   All I needed to do then was double mount it onto some blue then silver card  and  then onto an 8x8 card base. 



Completed card
   Stamps I have used are:  NDC  pine forest 
                                                 Santa and sleigh from Christmas remountable set
                                                 Small deer from Remountable Woodland Animals set
                                                 NDC tree stencil

      Hope you all like this card  and I look forward to seeing what the new challenge will be for January. I would also like to say Happy New Year to you all.


 
    

8 comments:

  1. Hi Lynne what a lovely way to use the stencil and a great scene. Thanks for entering the Clarity Challenge and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Think this one is super! I love those clarity stamps and the woodland scenes with the deer. Reminds me of walks through Cannock chase with Nan and Grandad when I was little. I really like the combination with the iris folding. I'm really into the fusion of cfraft styles at the moment. Von xx. Good luck in the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great use of the stencil - not seen any Iris folding for ages what a treat and the scene you have set is just great. Good luck and thanks for entering the Claritystamp challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like this Lynne. Never actually done any iris folding. Clever idea. Best of luck xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thankyou to you all for your lovely comments. I thought this was a great stencil think it might get lots of use. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just stunning Lynne! Beautiful work! I hope you all had an amazing Christmas too! :D xx Good luck in the Challenge!

    Love and hugs, Mandy xxx

    PS Happy New Year too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year to you too Mandy. I am sure your Christmas was amazing, congratulations on your engagement, so exciting. Thankyou for your lovely comment. xx

      Delete
  7. I love the silhouette scene you have created and the different colours used on the iris folded tree, looks fab!
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete