Translate

Sunday, 23 November 2014

CLARITY CHALLENGE ------NOVEMBER

     Challenge time again at Claritystamps.  This time the theme is TRAVEL. Needed a little bit of thought but I know a lovely lady who is going to Australia for Christmas. She is going to see her brothers who she has not seen for many years, so exciting. So I decided to make a card that would be suitable to wish her well on her journey and also double up as her Christmas card. I chose the Hot Air Filligraphy Balloon stamp, as I could make it look a bit festive. Think she will far prefer a plane to get her there though, balloon would be a bit slow and unpredictable. 
       
Completed card

       I started by brushing some hills onto Gelli plate card, using pale blue, mauve and pink ink, and some torn paper as a mask for the hills, blending the edges a little  I also sponged some clouds in the sky.  Next I stamped the Balloon image onto some pink parchment using white ink. Then I embossed all the solid parts of the Filigraphy stamp, rather time consuming but worth it as it brought out all the detail. Good job I like a challenge. I am not an expert at parchment craft but I love the effect that can be achieved, I do admire the wonderful people who are skilled at this craft. 




Balloon detail


          I stamped the image twice more and cut them all out then layered them up, adding some gems to pick out the detail. Before adding the balloon to the base card I stamped on some pine trees and heat embossed them with some glittery embossing powder. Adding a small deer and some foliage at the bottom completed the card.







  
            I have shown some close ups of the different parts of the card as the colours were quite pale not so easy to show in a photo.
Well I hope she likes her card but perhaps more importantly that she has a wonderful trip to see her family.  I look forward to hearing all about it after Christmas. If you are off on your travels over the festive period have a lovely time. 






12 comments:

  1. Evening Lynne, what a lovely card for your friend, I am sure she will treasure it. I love the pink hot air balloon...and feel that it is just perfect for our Clarity Challenge. Thanks for sharing ...hugs. Jo. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Jo. I love the balloon stamp, have used it several times. xx

      Delete
  2. What a thoughtful card Lynne. Perfect for your friend and the balloon looks great in parchment. Thank you for entering the Claritystamp Challenge. Good luck. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Lynne. Hope she likes it, she is so excited. xx

      Delete
  3. Lynne, what a beautiful soft card. It looks wonderful and I bet it's even better in person. Thanks for entering the Clarity Challenge, good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Naomi. Yes it does look better in real life, one of those cards that are a little tricky to photograph well. xx

      Delete
  4. Lynne this is beautiful. I am so into pink at the moment and you have captured the beauty of the colour so well. Your background is gorgeous. xxx Thank you for entering our Clarity Challenge and Good Luck. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Sam. Must admit to being a bit girly at times,I love pink and glitter. I just about got the idea in my head down onto card this time. xx

      Delete
  5. A really lovely card. I love the hot air balloon. Good luck in the challenge. Von x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Von. I like this stamp too. Love the patterns. xx

      Delete
  6. Best of luck Lynne. This is a fabulous card. What a lot of thought and work you have put into it. Love the parchment work. X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thankyou Emma. I love the effects that can be created with parchment
    but I have a lot to learn. xx

    ReplyDelete