Translate

Wednesday, 19 November 2014

ANNIVESARIES

       I have been asked by a good friend if I would make a card for her Mum and Dad's  Wedding Anniversary. They will have been married for 45 years, which apparently makes it their Sapphire wedding anniversary. Now I only have 18 months to go before it will be 45 years for us, so hey folks I am looking forward to a new piece of jewellery.  Some ear rings might be nice to match the Sapphire engagement ring I had all those years ago. Better start dropping some hints early. Actually 45 years is a wonderful landmark and I hope they have a fantastic day. 
        I decided the card had better be a bit special and as my friend did not ask for any particular design I was free to do what I liked. I chose to make a book on top of the card so that I could add all the details for them. Starting with an A5 card base I covered it with some pale blue paper. The book was embossed and cut out using a board I had a few years ago. I used several different colours of card finishing with a layer of parchment paper. All the edges of the book are finished with peel offs.    


Finished card

      I added some dark blue ribbon down the middle to look like a bookmark.  Also some blue and white flowers from Sweet Lilac .

Close up showing details on book.

    Of course this was never going to be able to go in an envelope so I made a suitable box for it. Hope they like their card and I am sure their lovely family will make sure they have a special day.  Congratulations to both of them. 

2 comments:

  1. Love the card! Not long until your 45th anniversary. Will have to start thinking how we can celebrate! Von xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Von. Yes definitely have a celebration. xx

      Delete