Translate

Saturday, 8 November 2014

A BOOT FOR HALLOWEEN

    A little late for Halloween proper but the challenge at http://sweetlilacflowers.blogspot.co.uk/ this month is titled Spooky Halloween. My grandchildren always look forward to this event but I must admit now our children have grown up we do not take part in the celebrations any more. I do always have a bag of treats ready though for all the children who visit our house.  I enjoyed making the card for my entry as I have used some Iris Folding and I have not done this for a while. 



        If you have not tried Iris Folding before please have a try, it really is not difficult and there are plenty of free designs available on the internet. You do not need to have special papers just some that is not too thick as the pieces are laid on top of one another. Anyway I made the central design, backed it on some black shiny card and then onto some appropriate spooky paper. 

Some die cut swirls and a few of the lovely flowers from Sweet Lilac completed the design. I added a few matching gems for a bit of sparkle.


Close up of flowers

                                                                  
Iris folded boot


   I hope you all had a fun Halloween and Bonfire night. The weather certainly seems to have changed now and Christmas items are appearing in all the shops.  Please leave a comment if you have time and thankyou for visiting my blog. 


6 comments:

  1. Wow awesome iris Folding, i used to do a lot of it years ago and enjoyed it too lol, thanks for sharing with us at sweet lilac, xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Liz for your kind comment. xx

      Delete
  2. I love iris folding. Think it always looks very effective. Good luck in the challenge. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow your project is stunning!!! I love your Iris folding (I've never tried it) and it sets of your work beautifully. Thank you so much for entering the Sweet Lilac Challenge and good luck xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Yvonne for your good wishes. Iris folding just needs a little bit of patience but not difficult. x

      Delete