Translate

Saturday, 25 October 2014

MAGPIES

   Hello, have not blogged for a little while, where does the time go. Anyway I thought I would share the card I have made for my husband's Birthday with you. He loves Magpies and we have plenty of them about where we live. They can be a bit noisy some days sitting on the roof tops calling to one another. Somebody told my husband once that if you saw a lone Magpie you should always say Good day to it, so he does. I think it is because they have the same partner for life. 


Completed card



     


Image on adhesive paper
Blended alcohol inks
      I started by stamping onto some double sided adhesive, using a stamp from Clarity. Thought it was appropriate for my Magpie loving husband. I only needed to add the little bits of white. Then I carefully covered the image with some acetate, do this slowly so you do not get any air bubbles. Next I added some Alcohol Inks to some shiny Clarity card, blue at top and green at bottom. Mixing in a few brighter pink patches. Looks a bit messy at first but end result is ok. 

I removed backing paper from stamped image and laid onto the top of the inked card. This gave a colourful background to the Magpies. Trim picture back and mount onto dark blue paper then onto white card. Take an 8x8 card and cut front in half  add some blue background then stick the picture on the edge. I covered the inside with more dark blue paper. To finish off I die cut a couple of swirls and stuck in each of the front corners with a button to finish.


                       





Close up of the  image on 
background.                        




I hope you like this and try using Alcohol inks, this was a first for me and I quite like the result. Will certainly try it again.

3 comments:

  1. Love it! Are they the alcohol inks I got you for your birthday? Glad you are making use of them! Does Dad know the rhyme about magpies? You know 1 for sorrow, 2 for joy, etc. We have loads of magpies round here too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the card, the birds and colours used are gorgeous. I love the borders on the outside that you have used your die cutter for, they frame the piece beautifully.
    Heather :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankyou both of you. Yes dad knows the rhyme, quotes whenever he sees them. Loving my die cutter but got to build up my die selection. xx

    ReplyDelete