Translate

Wednesday, 29 October 2014

CLARITY CHALLENGE----- SEASONS

      I am quite late this month thinking about the Challenge at Clarity which is SEASONS.  I spent some time trying to decide which season to choose or whether to just do a card with all of them on.  Anyway I decided on SUMMER in the end. I had bought the Beachside stamp set earlier this year so chose to make use of it, I had also got a boat stamp which I have used.


Completed card




     The base of the card is a triple stepper and on each step is a different view of the seaside. To start I trimmed a sheet of A4 card to 7" wide and made 4 folds along the bottom, each 1"apart for the steps.  Score the card in the middle widthways and fold in half to make it stand. 
Base card

     I cut three pieces of card to create the seaside views. These had to be different sizes to keep the tiered effect.   Then I stamped  the pictures and heat embossed them so that I could use Pro-Markers to colour in.  Shade in some sky and sea for the boats and sand for the deckchair. It has been very cold today so I wish I was sitting in that deckchair in the warm sun. 
Middle section



Bottom section
                                                                                       
Top boat scene
                                                                        Using double sided tape the pictures were 

stuck to the base card. I had some small beads which look like shells and fish so I added a few of them to complete the Summer scene.                                              

So I am entering this card into the Clarity challenge for October. All the stamps I have used are available on the Clarity website.                                 

6 comments:

  1. How very delightful Lynne! Just what the doctor ordered... holiday at the seaside! Love these triple stepper cards and you've planned it out perfectly!
    Thank you for entering the Clarity Challenge... and Good Luck! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou Amanda. Could do with a holiday, would be nice. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the card, the way it is folded looks fab! I especially like the sea shells, they look really great and complement the rest of the card well.
    Heather :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish it was Summer again! Mind can't complain the weather is great for Autumn. Love the beach huts! I always like the colours of these on the beach fronts. Hope you do well in the challenge. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely summery card Lynne. The three sections set off the design so well. Thank you for entering the Claritystamp Challenge. Good luck. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Warm sunny days, wish they were here again. Thanks for entering the Clarity Challenge. Great Dimension to the card and so effective. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete