Translate

Sunday, 12 October 2014

AUTUMN LEAVES

   Hello, I hope this finds you all well. We are enjoying typical Autumn weather at the moment, this morning was very misty. Still we have been very fortunate up till now but the leaves are changing and the days are getting shorter. My blog today is about Autumn, the challenge at Sweet Lilac Flowers  is  Autumn Colours .  This is my entry.


Autumn colours               

       I started by using the Gerbera stamp from Clarity and forming it into a wreath shape by stamping and masking several times. I used a Distress Ink called Fired Brick and Adirondack Butterscotch. Once stamped I used a very slightly damp paint brush and dragged some of the ink into the petals to colour them. Using  a very light Pro-Marker with a fine nib I went round the edge of the flowers. This makes them stand out a little.  
                                                                                                                 I stamped and embossed two butterflies onto some coloured velum, then cut out. I used a bronze embossing powder which helped to keep the Autumn theme. These were added to the centre of the wreath. I brushed lightly over the white background card with the inks I used to stamp the flowers with, just to take away some of the whiteness.
    The completed picture was double mounted onto some card of similar colours, then added to an 8x8 card base.
    Having done this I could add some of the lovely Sweet Lilac flowers and also a few of their beautiful Maple Leaves. They were just the right colour for this project  A double bow and matching card candi completed the picture.
    I am entering this card in this months challenge at Sweet Lilac. I hope you are inspired to make your own Autumnal coloured card. Thankyou for visiting.                                                                                                                





3 comments:

  1. I love the card! The colours used are beautiful, especially the autunm leaves :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Heather. Colouful time of year. x

      Delete
  2. Great card! I love Autumn but hate it when the icy mornings arrive. Agh - scraping ice off the car!! Hope it does well in the competition. Von xx

    ReplyDelete