Translate

Monday, 15 September 2014

TOADSTOOLS

  Time to think about the new challenge at Claritystamps, thought I would get my entry finished early for a change. The theme for September is NATURE, a lovely topic with lots of options. I had a look through all my stash and decided I would like to use the Toadstool stamp. 
    To start I wanted to make a background so I brayered some inks onto some Centura Pearl card. I used blues and green.  Then I took a piece of clingfilm, sprayed it with some water and laid it over the inked card. Pressed it down then scrunched it a little and left it to dry completely. Once dry remove the clingfilm and you have an original background. Now if I have not explained the process very well please have a look at Barbara Gray's You Tube videos where she demonstrates exactly how to do this. (The clingfilm trick )

Completed background



    Using a stepper card template ( there are plenty of free templates available on the internet ) I scored, cut and folded the piece of card. This is one of my favourite shapes at the moment.On the side panels I stamped some trees in Autumn colours. Aren't the trees gorgeous in Autumn,it is a shame when all the leaves fall off. 
  



    Using black ink I stamped the toadstool onto a piece of Gelli card, made a mask for it from post-it notes and added a moon mask.
     The sky was brayered on using Stonewashed Adirondack ink. I am slowly getting better at using a brayer it does take a little practice but gives a lovely finish. Brush a little pink ink across the bottom of the sky section, do this gently just need the impression of a sunset. Then brayer the bottom section green, I used Juniper, sponging a little extra around the base of the toadstool. 

  Remove the masks carefully and colour in the toadstool, I used Pro-Markers. Add some interest around the edges with a fern stamp and I also stamped a hare under the toadstool.

I cut the card down to fit centre panel of base card and mounted onto some contrasting blue paper. I set the topper at an angle, added some more ferns along bottom panel. Also some leaves which were made from the branch wheelie stencil and cut out.



Completed card
   So this is my completed entry for the challenge. A lovely theme this month and I enjoyed making this card. I hope you will be kind enough to leave a comment.

      







10 comments:

  1. Beautiful card. Very atmospheric on a misty morning like today.

    Love Joan x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Joan for your comment. Was a bit misty this morning, certainly had an Autumn feel. xx

      Delete
  2. Love autumn! Smashing card! Really like the colours. Von x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its a beautiful card Lynne. Perfect for this month's challenge. Thanks for joining in and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thankyou Naomi and Von for the comments. I enjoyed this challenge, a lot to choose from. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning card Lynne, I love the colours and the card design. Great interpretation of the Nature theme...thanks for entering our Challenge and Best of Luck...hugs. Jo. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo. Lovely theme this month. xx

      Delete
  6. Hiya Lynne. Another lovely card from you. I love what you created with the cling film and I love your stepper card. Don't those toadstools look fab. Best of luck to you. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Lynne - good luck :-) Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thankyou Emma and Carole for the comments. xx

    ReplyDelete