Translate

Thursday, 4 September 2014

FLOWERS, GEMS and LACE

    Hello and welcome back. Hope you have all had a good summer, looks like it is coming to an end now, although the weather has not been too bad this week. Always nice as soon as children go back to school.  My thoughts are now turning to all the cards I need for September and also I suppose Christmas. First though I want to show you my entry for this month's challenge at Sweet Lilac flowers. http://sweetlilacflowers.blogspot.co.uk/  The title is BLING IT UP.   Well anyone who knows me well will know that I love a bit of sparkle and I also really like these flowers.
   
      I started by making a single stepper card using Centura Pearl card. Great for holding it's shape. I added a length of lacy ribbon down each side.
Basic card shape

      For the central part I chose a stamp that I actually had free on a magazine but I think is quite sweet. It is stamped onto some Clarity Theuva card and coloured with Pro- markers. I am very much a novice with shading but was reasonably pleased with how this turned out. I keep looking at how the experts colour their images and I suppose practice makes perfect, I certainly hope so.

   
     I have backed it on some glitter card and mounted it onto a floral background with some silver mirror card.  A small strip of the glitter card made the bottom strip and I pleated some very fine ribbon on top and added a bow.  Now if I had a die cutter there might have been some
nice swirls added to the side of the card but as I have not, I found some silver net in my ever growing stash and put it on top of the lacy ribbon. Finally the lovely part  adding some Sweet Lilac flowers and some silver gem The little rosebuds were perfect to put on the net.

Finished card
    I hope you like this creation, I am hoping my great niece will as I am going to send it to her for her Birthday. Thankyou for visiting and I hope that you might be inspired enter the challenge.
                               
                                                                                       








2 comments:

  1. A great card! I'm sure it will be well liked. I do think your shading is pretty good so I wouldn't be too hard on yourself. Von x. PS. There is a birthday coming up soon.........

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I wonder who has a birthday? Thanks Von. xx

      Delete