Translate

Sunday, 28 September 2014

BLACKBERRY PICKING

     We are having lovely weather at the moment considering September is nearly over. All the trees will soon be covered in beautiful golden leaves, I love to see them. Also lots of Blackberries this year in the hedgerows, a good year apparently. We certainly had some huge ones growing in our garden. So that brings me to the title of this post, Blackberry Picking. I have entered a card into the challenge at Crafter's Companion which this month appropriately is AUTUMN.  I  have used an image from the Brambly Hedge CD which is so cute.


Triple stepper card

  I am not going into a lot of details as to how this was made as I think the picture shows you. It is a triple stepper card and there are plenty of templates available for this on the internet. I used Hunkydory  card to make the base as it stood well after folding. 



    The flowers on the middle step were mounted onto a base made from some pretty fabric I bought at one of the craft fairs. I just cut a circle and pleated it up then tied in the middle. Then fanned it out a bit like a bow. I think it added a pretty touch under the flowers.

A piece of the fabric used

  I hope you like this seasonal card and I am keeping my fingers crossed that it might do ok in the challenge.  Enjoy the last bit of warm sun for this year and I hope you might find some of those lovely blackberries.

1 comment:

  1. This is lovely Lynne. A lot of details. (Iwas out blackberry picking today as it happens) Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete