Translate

Tuesday, 12 August 2014

LOVEBIRDS


     This card has the addition of some beautiful flowers. They are by SWEET LILAC  http://www.sweetlilac.co.uk/ which I have recently discovered. I saw them used on another blog JR CRAFTS    http://jr-crafts.blogspot.co.uk/ and could not resist buying some.  I have made the card to enter into the challenge on the Sweet Lilac blog.


Completed card

      The paper used for the background is from some of my stash which I have had for quite a while. I do love the vintage look which is strange as I really did not like it at all at one time. On one square I stamped the lovebirds and a lovely swirl in the corner. Then I cut another rectangle and stamped the swirl again and also a birdcage.  Brown Archival ink was used for all images as I thought it went well with the paper. The rectangle was matted onto a contrast card then added to the left of the lovebirds. The whole image was matted and layered onto another two pieces of contrasting card.

       Time for the fun bit, adding some of the beautiful flowers. At the moment I have not got too many to choose from but I chose ones that went with the colour scheme. I think the small roses are cute and reckon I will be using them quite a lot in the future. A couple of swirls of quilling paper and a bow completed this project.

      I am entering this card into the Sweet Lilac July/August challenge which is Birds of a Feather.
                             http://sweetlilacflowers.blogspot.co.uk/2014_07_01_archive.html
 

6 comments:

  1. Wow Lynne this is fantastic and I am so so pleased that you have found my blog informative...I love these great colour tones and the flowers are just perfect. Thanks for joining in with our Challenge and good luck...Jo. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou Jo for the lovely comment. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Lynne....big congratulations.....you have won the Hamper of Sweet Lilac Flowers....enjoy....and I look forward to seeing more of your work....Jo. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much Jo. I am really pleased and excited. Looking forward to receiving my hamper of flowers and thankyou for your wonderful inspiration.xx

      Delete
  4. This card is fabulous! Will definitely have a look at the flowers for my own creations. Well done! Von xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Von. They are lovely flowers I could not resist them. xx

      Delete