Translate

Thursday, 7 August 2014

LADY IN BLUE

   Hello, I have been trying out a new stencil. I ordered this one because there is a little competition over at Claritystamps. We were challenged to come up with a design for either of the lovely dress stencils. I could not resist having a go and this card is the result.

                                            
 

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    
                                                                                                                                                                   I brushed through the stencil with Stonewashed Adirondack and used a make up sponge to add some extra shading. I decided on short sleeves so just added the blue a little way down the arms and  coloured the rest with more of a flesh shade. I made the hat a shade darker by using Denim distressed ink. The stars were out of a  Christmas set, which I stamped on very lightly and then went over carefully with a glitter pen adding a gem to the centre of each one. The belt was drawn in with the same pen. 
      For the background I covered the lady with a mask. then laid over the brick and Leafy swirl stencils together. These were carefully brushed over with Mountain Rose Adirondack ink and Bundled Sage distressed ink.
Closer view showing background
  
     I added some shading around the base of skirt so that she does not look as if she is floating and stamped some grasses on edge. The handbag was cut out of some more card that had been coloured  the same as dress and edged with peel offs. Some flowers in top corner completed this little creation.  
    I think I might make another couple, these could be useful feminine cards to have in stock. I would like to play around with adding a shawl across her shoulders or maybe a parasol in her hand. Anyway in the meantime I will enter this one into competition and keep my fingers crossed. 
                                                                                                                                                  
 

         

1 comment:

  1. I really like this one! Hope it does well in the competition. Xx

    ReplyDelete