Translate

Sunday, 24 August 2014

FLORALS and FEMININE

  Cards for females are so much easier there is a lot more choice and a chance to embellish the card more. On this note let me tell you that the Challenge at Clarity this month is entitled FEMININE. The only difficulty was choosing which of my many stamps or stencils to use. In the end I decided on the Freesia stamp, my mum loved Freesias, Dad used to grow them in his greenhouse for her. 

Finished card and extra tag.

   First of all I made a couple of Gelli print backgrounds using the leafy swirl stencil and a couple of different colours of acrylic paint. Phythalo Turquoise and Silk Purple. One was used for background and the other cut into two tags. I stamped the Freesias onto the tags with Black Archival ink. Now I do not have any distress pens and could not use Pro-markers with Archival ink so in the end I used my Sakura glitter pens to colour images. They worked quite well and I do like a bit of sparkle. 

     I needed some extra flowers so keeping it all Clarity I made my own using a stamp from the Filigraphy flower set. Some buttons were added to the centres.

Petals for flowers.

   Using the leafy stencil I drew round a small section and after a bit of fiddly cutting out I had a swirl to add as well. The tags and background were mounted onto glitter card then everything was arranged and fixed in place with glue gel. I also made an insert to finish off.



  I think my mum would have liked this card and I hope you do too. 

7 comments:

  1. Nan would definitely have loved this card! I must say freesias are lovely and very delicate. I really like the gelli plate and stencils for the backgrounds. They are very effective. Good luck in the challenge. I think you're a definite winner..... Bit biased though! Von. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah thanks Von. Yes I think you might be biased but hugs to you anyway. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very pretty and delicate card. Thanks for entering the Clarity Stamps Challenge and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well hello there Lynne. X Your card is lovely and definitely fits the title of feminin. X Thank you for entering our Clarity Stamp Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thankyou Naomi and Sam for your kind comments. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it Lynne. Another gem from you. Colours are fantastic along with the composition. Very best of luck. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emma glad you like it. I really like the turquoise one of my favourite colours. xx

      Delete