Translate

Tuesday, 29 July 2014

JULY CLARITY STAMP CHALLENGE

The challenge for this month at Clarity Stamps is Anything Goes. So I thought I would make something other than a card. I love the flower stencil with matching filigraphy stamps. For this project I have used just a few of the stamps.

Finished Wreath

I stamped several times on to patterned paper and cut out the petals. It was time consuming but I quite like a task that requires patience. I then shaped the petals with a bone folder and arranged them to make flowers. I then glued the bottom row of petals on to a small disk of paper to give a solid base, adding more layers as necessary. I have tried to make sure that the stamp design can be seen. There are about three layers in each flower.


When I had made enough flowers, I arranged them on to a heart shape wreath and added matching ribbon. I used silicone glue to attach as I thought it might be stronger. Then, using a clarity stamp, I made a butterfly. This has been heat embossed with a holographic powder.



The finished wreath has worked out quite well and I think it shows the versatility of the stamps. I welcome any comments that you might have.

5 comments:

  1. Well done. The wreath is fab and perfect for your first blog.

    Card making is something that I tried once and failed miserably at so I really do admire all your lovely creations. look forward to seeing some of your card creations posted here also.
    Good luck with the competition
    love Ju xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fab! Love the new blog and will be dropping in to see your future posts. Keep creating! Von x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally beautiful- not a clue what half the technical stuff means (i'll stick to sewing!! lol) but LOVE the end product xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thankyou all of you for the lovely comments. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the blog and the wreath, will keep my eye out for any further creations! :)
    Heather x

    ReplyDelete