Tuesday, 29 July 2014


The challenge for this month at Clarity Stamps is Anything Goes. So I thought I would make something other than a card. I love the flower stencil with matching filigraphy stamps. For this project I have used just a few of the stamps.

Finished Wreath

I stamped several times on to patterned paper and cut out the petals. It was time consuming but I quite like a task that requires patience. I then shaped the petals with a bone folder and arranged them to make flowers. I then glued the bottom row of petals on to a small disk of paper to give a solid base, adding more layers as necessary. I have tried to make sure that the stamp design can be seen. There are about three layers in each flower.

When I had made enough flowers, I arranged them on to a heart shape wreath and added matching ribbon. I used silicone glue to attach as I thought it might be stronger. Then, using a clarity stamp, I made a butterfly. This has been heat embossed with a holographic powder.

The finished wreath has worked out quite well and I think it shows the versatility of the stamps. I welcome any comments that you might have.